1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good morning

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by sea change, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sea change

sea change Member

It's 4:14AM where I'm at right now. Made an attempt much earlier in the night after trying to go for a length of time without medication. (I've since realized that is not an option for me.) Afterward, I needed a place to come where I'd be surrounded by people who understand suicidal thoughts and attempts completely. People who have experienced the maddening then numbing descent into worthlessness.

I have a few good friends who know of my previous struggle with depression and suicide. But many others would literally think I was insane if it ever came to light that this was my problem. Though I don't blab about my depression, it's also not something I think I should consider a "secret." Rationally, many people deal with this illness. It should not be an embarrassment. But, for some reason, to me it is. I feel deficient because I can't "think straight." Even the fact that depression is labeled as an "illness" only exemplifies the way in which I am not "normal." (And what is "normal," many ask...) I know this is self-perception, but encouragement and support is always needed on both ends.

So, I hope to meet some of you in all this. Feel free to send me a message if you're ever nearing the end of your rope, and you see my sn floating around!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
  2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Welcome to Sf Sea Change :) hope you can find some support.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums!! Keep posting you will make friends here..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.