good news, bad news

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

The good news is that a killer asteroid may smash the earth in about 20 years.

The bad news is that we'll have the technology to divert the asteroid before it hits us.

Tell me, is our pathetic human race worth preserving that much? I'm sure that after total obliteration, a superior race must take over the earth.

I can dream, can't I?

2. One who listens..

One who listens.. Well-Known Member

You are aware that even if a large asteroid collides with out planet, we will in most probality survive, so long as the plant remains intact.

And even if it doesn't, there will be no planet left for another race to take over. Your stuck with us buddy, one way or another. Learn to love it :hug:

3. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

it owuld be great if a meteorite did come and scientists built a massive baseball bat that would hit back in the opposite direction

4. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Then 6 billion years later we could get hit by the same astroid moving even faster.

5. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

in 6 billion years i dont think the earth will even be habitable. It would be a desert

6. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Humans will live in outer space then. I dont think humans are pathetic weve come a long way, but we arent great either.

7. One who listens..

I believe in 6 billion years the sun would have exploded :dry:

8. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

The earth's been here for billionsof years, who's to say what it will be like in a few more billion. Hey, it might (by that time) be engulfed by the sun. Or, it could be home to land based squidlike organism.

9. One who listens..

So yeah. I was off by a billion years. And I hope squids can live on a desert planet.

(And good call anonymous51, good call.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.