Good news - It's all over! (Work that is)

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by achtland, Feb 17, 2009.

1. achtland

achtland Member

I just have to tell you guys because there is not a soul here that I can tell - I am finally finished in my hellhole of a place they call work!

Can you believe it, every breath I've taken and every blink I've done has gone round the office like wildfire. I tried to hand in my notice a month ago and everyone knew about it. This time when I did actually hand it in it was all hush-hush as if no-one knew a thing about it. How can people be such bastards?

A while ago, one of them found out personal details and wasn't afraid to tell me so when I asked her who told her she wouldn't tell me. This time not a whisper as to 'oh I hear you're leaving'.

One turned out to be the biggest bitch I have ever met in my life. She said the classic line of 'everything I tell you is a secret' and against my gut feeling I told myself to trust someone for once and said the same to her. Turns out she was only pretending so she could get info from me to spread as gossip around the office.

And another guy still continued right up until he left the office today to pretend that he was all innocent as if he hadn't done anything.

The overall manager guy seemed to be decent and I really wanted to tell him how much I hated my time there, but they were all so good at acting that I just had to tell myself he was one of them aswell.

I'm debating on writing a letter when I'm feeling calmer and things are more sorted to explain this but I keep telling myself that that goes against my gut feeling - I can't trust any of them and think they were all in on it.

If you've got this far on my rant please give it the thumbs up or thumbs down as to whether you think I should send a letter?​

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

you've handed in your letter, what business is it of theres?
    they'll be gone from your life once its all said and done, you wont see them again (hopefully) and tbh they sound like they arent worth your time and energy.

just keep smiling at them all, and when your last day comes, breath in deep, for your free of it, and they're all still stuck there.

congrats btw :hug: