Good news - there is no proper method of suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fooror, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Well, having researched the subject, it seems that there is absolutely no method of suicide that isn't either:
    Incredibly painful for you at the end
    Incredibly painful, and you might just live, with horrible injuries
    Horrific for the people that find you
    Unlikely to work, and might leave you with long term damage
    Don't work full stop

One of the more used methods seems to be to OD i.e. drift away peacefully. Though from all the accounts of attempts that I have read, it rarely seems to work....and you don't just drift off

All this is certainly helping to put me off of the concept!

2. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

My way will work, either the act or the elements will do the job. I'm ok for it to be painful and I can't do anything about the person who may find me, sorry

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: Please dont do anything. If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me anytime. :)

4. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

The elements? That's sounds long, drawn out, painful, with a high chance of being found. Don't do it, seriously.

There is no sure fire way of killing yourself. Talk about it on here, and also talk to a gp, you will find help. :)

5. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter if it's painful, as long as the job is done. Im kind of peaceful/serene now that i have made up my mind. Its still scary but its better than the do-dont-do-dont..............maybe thoughts. They were starting to give me headaches : ) I cant talk to my doc, besides i have always felt like this so its normal for me.

6. CTMK

CTMK New Member

That's why you should not be found

7. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Well, suicide is an unpleasant thing.

Though it's not too hard to come up with minimally painful/drawn out ways to do it if you put your mind to work on the subject.

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I understand this is a pro life forum. And what you said will help scare people off suicide. So all i'm going to say is... not quite.

9. doctortrips

doctortrips New Member

The way I see it, the pain is only momentary, you're forever gone after that.

<Mod Edit:Music:Methods>, don't see how that is though, unless you're in the Great Barrier Reef (minus the Great Whites).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
  10. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Drowning? That would be bloody awful!

Remember the last time that you were drinking something and a few drops of it 'went down the wrong way'? It would be like that x 1000. Nasty!

11. KoNfUsEd

KoNfUsEd Active Member

i disagree im ready have a well thought out plan not to be found while the task is in hand... though agreed with sunny 85 why will i care when they find me? ill be long gone by then

12. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with you..not quite indeed...

13. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

All suicide methods are painful to your loved ones, because they will find your lifeless body and be heartbroken.

14. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree...

15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have deleted and edited some posts. SF is a pro life forum. Discussion of methods is not allowed.

16. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

That's true, but the OP did not state this condition in his post. Had he stated it though, I'd have agreed.

17. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

There is no reasonably reliable, relatively painless way to end one's own conscious existence? Doesn't sound like "good news" to me. Sounds like downright horrifying news. Being trapped inside my own existence is the most terrifying thing I can possibly imagine.

Good thing it's not even CLOSE to true, huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.