Good News!!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Stranger1, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have some good news. I saw my therapist today and we made a new verbal contract. I am going to apply for a part time job to start. I am going to apply with ACT mental health facility.
    I feel comfortable there because I have been a client there like 7 times. You can apply if you have been out of the hospital for more than 6 months. I am scared of the unknown, she assured me that I have nothing to worry about. I know she is right because I already know what I will have to do.
    I haven't mentioned it to my family yet. I don't know if I will get the job. Once I find out then I will let them know.
    I will keep posting because even though I am trying this I still have my suicidal thoughts everyday. My meds and my coping skills have been keeping it at bay.
    If I get the job I need to figure out a way to ask my brother in law if he will loan me the money to buy a harley davidson. I already owe them $5000 from before I got my disability. It's not like they can't afford it. He told me the last time I was over there that he is retiring at the end of the year. He found out he is worth $1,250,000. He has bought stock in his company with every check since he was 17. Any how Sorry I drifted off the subject!! Thank You to the friends I have made. I will let you know what happens. I have to wait untill next week to go and apply.
  2. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! seems like your getting yourself on the right track!!!! I am so very happy for you!!! Big Hug!!! :biggrin:

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

This is so good to hear...please keep up the fine work and know that if things turn a little sour for you, you can always get back on the horse, so to say, and again find your footing...all the best, J
  4. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

That's good to hear buddy. I been hoping the best for you.
  5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

That's great news Joseph, I really hope it all works out for you.

Keep us posted on how you get on, I'll certainly be keeping my fingers crossed for you anyway.

Claire xx
  6. Stranger1

Thank you for the encouragement! I also hope it happens. I figured up the money and it's like $600 a month more than I get on my disability. I am going to try to start part time to get aclimated to my duties. If I only work part time I can still get my disability because my pay would be less than $800. Anyhow I will do my best and see what happens!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
  7. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

That's great. Good luck on getting the job!
    And I hope you're able to get your motorcycle.
  8. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Good luck. I know you can do it! :smile:
  9. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Wishing you nothing but the best of everything! :hug:
  10. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Good luck stranger. :hug:
  11. pit

pit Well-Known Member

That's great! It gives hope to the rest of us.
  12. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

i'm so proud of you. i'm glad you are able to do this and i hope for the best for you.
  13. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I hope you get the job Joseph. It would be a great step in the right direction for you. I am glad things are beginning to look up and go your way. I wish you the best of luck. Take care. :hug:
  14. InMyWay

InMyWay Active Member

Congrats for things looking up Stranger1. I wish you the best of luck.
  15. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Stranger1 I really hope you get that Harley. I miss my, as you American Iron jockeys say, Rice Burners. Before my OCD got too bad I had a Kawasaki and a Yamaha and rode them year 'round.

You could say I lived for the experience. Good luck sir! :thumbup:
  16. Stranger1

Thank You for the support,I am going to need it Monday when I apply. You all have been kind to me and that is where I am pulling alot of my strength to succeed! I will keep posting because I still have my bad thoughts and my suicidal thoughts.I am fighting them because I am determind to go thru with this! Thanks again!!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.