Good old simple topics - the purpose of life

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by hellwithhugewounds, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellwithhugewounds

hellwithhugewounds Well-Known Member

I personally don't believe that there is a purpose. I think i'm in the state of nihilism like the one I talked about in my other thread. What do you guys think is the purpose of life? or is there one at all?
  2. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I believe you make your own purpose, mine however lacks purpose as i have never thought about making a purpose. i suppose i could make it to struggle on and hope everything works out eventually, or at least hang about and see how messed up it will get.
  3. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

To knock a pretty dame up and make more spawns of satan.
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think it is to love. Any purpose that is not loving and does not lead to love, well why pursue it?
  5. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

that's basically asking "what's the meaning of life?"

so my answer...

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Guiltless pleasure. Not hedonism, but pleasure without hurting others.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Why do my pets exist?
    Why do trees and plants exist?
    No idea. But I'm glad they do.
  8. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

I can only think of two possibilities:

1) Your purpose in life is whatever you want. If you believe your purpose of life is to do "x", then that's your purpose.

2) There's some purpose our creator (if there is one), set up for us. This would make #1 incorrect, and any purpose you set up for yourself, is an illusion. (Unless your purpose you decided on, happened to be the same our creator set up for us)

Saying "there is no purpose", is incorrect, because see #1. Only time this could be correct if you only apply it to yourself.
  9. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

ROFL nice one! :laugh:

I beliave in EVOLUTION and by that theory it goes that way:
    if you are a man your purpose is to have as much sex as possible and to have as many babys as posible.
    if you are a woman, to find a healthy strong and supportive guy so that he will rise your kids in a good and healthy envoirment.

Its as simple as that, we must make sure human spieces servive
    and all we should care about is to make and rise kids for the sake of
    feauture genorations. If you dont think its right look around you, animals
    plants and every singel life form on earth cares only about reproduction!
    and as part of this life we are the same!
  10. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Is there really one? I wasn't born with an instruction booklet. As far as I'm concerned there isn't one. I'm here, though, so I might as well make the best with what I've got.
  11. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

To do good.
  12. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

the purpose of life is i believe to find purpose....not always easy admittedly
  13. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

no purpose, we're here by accident, we just 'happened' but we can have purpose within our lives which is the only important purpose.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.