Good Reasons to commit suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote a list today on reasons to commit suicide and reasons to live. The first one, I came up with 45 reasons, the second one, I only came up with two. I'm not an overly emotional person and I am pretty damn realistic when it comes to life (people call me the anchor of reality). Because of my view points, I don't really see any reason why I should NOT do it. And I probably will, just as soon as I figure out a way to make it not look like suicide. It will be bad enough for my parents when I'm dead, I don't want them to know that my death was not an accident. I would name the reasons, but you would really have to be in my shoes to understand them. Anyway, other than physical pain, is there a good reason just to say fuck it?

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
Any reason a person has when they are at that point seems completely valid at that time. It's learning to reach out for help then that can help the person to see just how invalid it really is. I know, every attempt I've made and how I am feeling as I type this seems completely valid and necessary. But no matter how I word it or express it, it will never seem good enough to those I will be leaving behind. But when I get to where I am, even that isnt good enough to stop the thought process I'm in. My "needs" are far too important. The search for the peace I want too intense.

Dave_N

Banned Member
You're here for a reason, that's for sure. It's up to you to figure out just what that reason is. Killing yourself denies your soul the chance to learn and grow from life's experiences. What is so bad about your life that you feel suicide is the only way out?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
There is no logical reason for suicide all distorted confused painful thoughts and with help you can see hope again okay reach out and get help now while you still can

Chalmers

You only have to make it until tomorrow. Then you can deal with the day after. I felt really hopeless, and I'll probably feel that way again. Only had an ok day today, but that felt so much better than the other day. You can always fix a mistake, you can't undo suicide. Realized that I'd been feeling down for thirty years. Thought I'd never find a girlfriend. Been married for over 15 years now. Have an amazing son. Still have really bad days, particularly lately, but I had some bad in the past. One time nearly 20 years ago I borrowed a copy of Final Exit. Still here.

I still have this "I want to kill myself" feeling, but today was not as bad as yesterday. I just have this feeling that things will not get better. It has been two years since I graduated from college and because of the sucky job market, I make less than $10,000 a year. I just have this feeling that it is not going to get better, even if the job market looks good again. The worse part is that my family thinks I'm basically a "bitch" for wanting to start my own life and be independent. I'm doing this all my own, with NO clue how to do it, and nobody is willing to help me. Well, I will NOT be 26 years old and still being supported by my parents, one way or the other.

Chalmers

I still have this "I want to kill myself" feeling, but today was not as bad as yesterday. I just have this feeling that things will not get better. It has been two years since I graduated from college and because of the sucky job market, I make less than $10,000 a year. I just have this feeling that it is not going to get better, even if the job market looks good again. The worse part is that my family thinks I'm basically a "bitch" for wanting to start my own life and be independent. I'm doing this all my own, with NO clue how to do it, and nobody is willing to help me. Well, I will NOT be 26 years old and still being supported by my parents, one way or the other.
I was high school valedictorian. Graduated from a top and spent my first year after college working at a comic book store. The economy in my state really sucked. 25 years later I have different money issues but things will turn around.

WalkingCorpse

I wrote a list today on reasons to commit suicide and reasons to live. The first one, I came up with 45 reasons, the second one, I only came up with two. I'm not an overly emotional person and I am pretty damn realistic when it comes to life (people call me the anchor of reality). Because of my view points, I don't really see any reason why I should NOT do it. And I probably will, just as soon as I figure out a way to make it not look like suicide. It will be bad enough for my parents when I'm dead, I don't want them to know that my death was not an accident. I would name the reasons, but you would really have to be in my shoes to understand them. Anyway, other than physical pain, is there a good reason just to say fuck it?
This post could have been written by me. My one and only reason for not offing myself is my kid. Otherwise, life is nothing but misery and bad feelings. I feel like saying fuck it because I've tried therapies and medications and nothing helps. To know that I will spend the next 20 or 30 years like this makes my blood run cold. I can't bear to think of it. I've had 46 years of this shit, and I think that's enough.

lachrymose27

It took me two years longer for a total of 6 years to graduate with a bachelor degree because i didnt know what to do with my life because of my depression. I dont have much work experience and i cant hold onto a job for more than a couple months. I quit often, make excuses. I am unemployed now. I am 26 and have pretty much been supported by mother my whole life. I am equivalent to brain dead. No motivation, no laughter, unhappy. Can't work with depression following me. I feel terrible for not being able to help mother with bills or anything. Shes worked her whole life. If i died i would be one less burden on her shoulder. To me, these are good reasons. Hope you reconsider though.

wastedmylife

good reasons to commit suicide are health problems you can not live with(physical problems), loss or diminished sexual function especially if you are a man, or if you are hideously ugly like the elephant man, that is about the only reasons I can think of

Want to know something really pathetic?
I once made a list similar to yours. I came up with 149 reasons to kill myself, and only 1 reason to live. Now the pathetic part, I the only reason I have to live to this day is that the series One Piece is still airing in Japan and being subbed every week end.

Think of it this way, as long as you have 1 reason to live then you have a reason not to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00