Good thing..or not?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Beka, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

So..I spent the majority of Saturday night until 7am in A&E because I sh'd in a club..again.

Except this time I got sent to A&E and now my family know.

I know this should feel like a good thing and it does, to some extent. But it feels like I'm treading on eggshells around everyone. I feel like I can't act normal now. Not that I want them to start asking a load of questions or anything but my brother's trying to be normal with me. My stepdad doesn't understand so he doesn't say much and my mum is constantly panicking.

I have doctors thursday. Kinda scared of what they'll ask me but at the same time glad? I don't know.

I guess I'm looking for someone to tell me I'm being stupid or silly and it's a good thing and this will all blow over.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun It is a good thing that your sh is out in the open now so you can get the support you need to heal hugs
  3. dizgrace

dizgrace Member

I wish you had told me that night i would've come to the hospital, or at least come and seen you when you got home :( I can understand you don't like letting people in but i care and i wish i could have done more. You don't have to tread on eggshells around me, and I hope we get a chance to talk thursday to see how the appointment went. I can imagine your mum panicking, but she's only doing it because she cares so much, and I know it can be too much sometimes but this will all blow over, mine did.

I'm still here Hun, just as you are for me. you're one of my closest friends and always will be so chin up :)

P.S you're silly :p
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I believe it is a good thing that it is now out in the open-because now you can get proper treatment and support. Best advice I can give you is just to be entirely honest with your doctor, tell him why you're doing it and what's on your remind. Remember that they cannot treat you properly or diagnose without knowing the details etc.. Wish you all the luck in the world :) Good luck x