good to see a site like this exists.

I'm guessing we're all here from that one website.

I'm at least glad to have come here when I did.

If I talk about feeling suicidal anywhere else I feel like all I'm gonna get are the same copy-pasted superficial "support" messages at best, and at worst I'd get the cops called on me should someone I know happen to see it because apparently, that's how we're meant to handle mental health crises around here. Call the cops on us and treat our breakdowns like some sort of crime. Ffs. And because I used to be a "gifted" kid I'll get my ass handed to me by my parents if they find out since what I am now is such a far cry from the kid they thought I'd become and they just...they just can't handle the concept that I'd ever be anything else.

I'm so done, just..with everything. I'm right back at square one, where I was at 13, in terms of mental health. It got better for a few months when I was 16 and then it all went back down to hell again. I'm tired, man. I really don't know if I can or want to do this anymore.

Not even sure why I'm posting this. Hope y'all are having a better night than I am.

full

SF Supporter
Hi @zuttoisshoni and welcome to SF. Sorry you are feeling so down that you are feeling suicidal, but there are plenty of us who came here in those moments are still around. I am trying to say it gets better with time and this site is filled with great resources and forums. Expectations of our parents and society of us what to be and what to become in general is a far cry from who we are and are supposed to be.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi @zuttoisshoni , welcome to SF. I'm glad you found us.
It is a safe place to let it all out, talk about your feelings, worries, mistakes, whatever you wish, without being judged (within the few rules that we have to protect all members). Everyone here has experienced similar feelings at least. I hope we can help.

I understand the struggle with living up to parents' expectations. Do you know what you want? How you want to live your life? Because as much as it's hard to go against what others expect from us, living the life you want will make you the happiest, it is the only way. At best, what others think can be taken as advice. Of course finding out what you want is just as difficult and can take a very long time, but it's certainly worth thinking about.

Sending hugs.

Autumn1973

Looking for people who will accept me for who I am
Welcome to the family. Not knowing if you can or want to keep going, so many of us here can relate. I ended up on this site as a result of a search for painless ways to cancel myself. This site was near the top of the list, I clicked on it and ended up pouring my heart out, just typing everything that I'd been feeling lately. As much as it helped me to share what I was feeling, what helped me even more is the friends I've made since joining. Friends who understand what I'm going through and don't judge me for it. Friends with good hearts who genuinely care about others.

So please keep checking in and sharing how you're feeling. You'll find support and friends here. Just like I did. *grouphug2

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there and welcome to the forum. I agree it is a blessing that such a site exists and that we can speak freely about our struggles, I'm glad you found us here, its a safe place to talk and the folks here are amazing, genuine and caring. I hope you get the support you need here and feel comfortable here, good luck to you and I do hope things improve whilst having support and having people that you can relate to, to chat with :)

paperdreamroll

I'm guessing we're all here from that one website.

I'm at least glad to have come here when I did.

If I talk about feeling suicidal anywhere else I feel like all I'm gonna get are the same copy-pasted superficial "support" messages at best, and at worst I'd get the cops called on me should someone I know happen to see it because apparently, that's how we're meant to handle mental health crises around here. Call the cops on us and treat our breakdowns like some sort of crime. Ffs. And because I used to be a "gifted" kid I'll get my ass handed to me by my parents if they find out since what I am now is such a far cry from the kid they thought I'd become and they just...they just can't handle the concept that I'd ever be anything else.

I'm so done, just..with everything. I'm right back at square one, where I was at 13, in terms of mental health. It got better for a few months when I was 16 and then it all went back down to hell again. I'm tired, man. I really don't know if I can or want to do this anymore.

Not even sure why I'm posting this. Hope y'all are having a better night than I am.
My first day here man and I was so shocked as well as comforted to see a site like this in active use.I hope u find some solace even if it’s just for a little while

KindaOtiose

Hi. Welcome to the forums @zuttoisshoni, we're glad to have you here.

Hopefully you'll be able to find what you are looking for here. There are tons of genuine people, and you'll always be able to find any support or advice you need here.

I'm sorry you don't think your parents would be supportive or understanding of your mental health issues. Do you have someone else you can confide in? Maybe a school counsellor or a friend. Maybe this could help.

I hope you can feel a little bit better soon. Hang in there. Sending hugs *brohug.

Hi. Welcome to the forums @zuttoisshoni, we're glad to have you here.

Hopefully you'll be able to find what you are looking for here. There are tons of genuine people, and you'll always be able to find any support or advice you need here.

I'm sorry you don't think your parents would be supportive or understanding of your mental health issues. Do you have someone else you can confide in? Maybe a school counselor or a friend. Maybe this could help.

I hope you can feel a little bit better soon. Hang in there. Sending hugs *brohug.
I have a therapist, actually, but at the moment I can't afford to get diagnosed with anything or start meds. The fact that my parents refuse to believe I'm not mentally well at all is just making things much worse.
Thank you very much for the supportive message and thank you to anyone else reading this who left nice comments here.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00