Good websites to watch movies?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I watched meet the fockers and pretty woman recently on youtube but there is not a big selection on youtube of full length films, can anyone recommend a website?

2. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I use Primewire all the time, you can watch movies and shows without needing an account. It hosts the videos on a selection of sites and there are plenty, over 60,000 in total, with more added every day. Another is www.tubeplus.is, has lots of TV shows and movies.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2015
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Oh, a couple more sites that often have free movies and shows to watch: www.imdb.com and www.hulu.com often has some free ones. Also to note, some of the sites have ads, but I use an ad blocker for that.

5. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I'm too afraid of repercussions, pop ups, and viruses/adware

So, I just use Hulu and Netflix. The latter requires paying, but it's a small fee. Even being poor, my family can generally work together to come up with it (as we all use it, even though we don't live in the same house). Hulu doesn't have as many movies until you pay for Hulu Plus. That's the only drawback of Hulu. I prefer it to Netflix these days, though. They seem to be in competition, and Hulu is winning my service. I got Hulu Plus as a gift, and it's pretty nice overall.

6. Petal

Thank you all so much for the suggestion, my weekend is sorted now :D

7. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

8. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

9. Petal

I used tubeplus last night and watched meet the parents. Great quality, great site. Thanks so much for the recommendation.

10. Witty_Sarcasm

No problem, glad you are enjoying it :)

11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Which ones can enable subtitles/cc?

12. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

Youtube though its recently been flooded by a multitude of cropped videos thanks to fake accounts. Mostly I use netflix or my mum's amazon prime account when I have the time. Hulu has a fair selection as well. Compared all those fancy channels provided by Dish, Satellite and Comcast, they are down right cheap. We hardly even watch the tv any more unless its on PBS or FX.

Good luck finding sites :D. I'm not sure if Hulu has subtitles though; I'd have to check.

13. damselfly

damselfly Member

solarmovie.so
    vodly.to
    watchon9.com
    zmovie.tv

new prime time tv (american, or maybe some british): couchtuner.eu

that's all for streaming but some video players may give you download links.
    i use adblock so i don't get all the popup ads. but on android, where i don't have adblock, the popups will open play store and it's unstoppable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.