Good work out program for skinny people?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Lone Dragon, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Lone Dragon

Lone Dragon Member

Hi. I'm trying to gain muscle mass, but I need an easy program that I can stick with. I downloaded Vince Delmonte's book already, but his website is too difficult for me to navigate, to the point where I can't locate where my workouts are, or what the hell I'm supposed to do. If anyone knows of a good program, or an easy way to navigate said site, let me know.

2. 89mike

89mike Active Member

Do you go to a gym, or want to do exercises at home?

Drink a lot of milk with protein powder.

Eat a lot of pasta.

Drink a lot of water whilst doing the exercises.

If you want try creatine supplements. I take them and they do make your muscles swell up, so drink a lot of water.

Go to the gym every second day.
  3. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

while i do not contain any qualifications or higher education on the said topic of getting bigger "by the book" i can say one thing. im the biggest guy my gym has, and will ever see (unless ronnie coleman starts training in there but i doubt that)

lift heavy, train often, rest frequently, eat heaps! = get big!
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

High weight and low reps will do the trick for building mass. Just be sure to do every exercise until you reach muscle failure.
  5. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

A bit late, but here is a good 3 exercise workout for you, HSPU's, pullups and one leg squats.

Kick up into a handstand against a wall and practice holding the position and dipping up and down. Put books under your head and lower your head to touch the books and press up again. As you progress remove a book so you dip down lower. When you are able practice negative repetitions to the floor, i.e just lower yourself from a handstand position so your head touches the floor, use a pillow. Work up until you can do a complete handstand pressup with your nose to the floor and then work on being able to do about 10 of those. When they get a bit easy you can use some pushup bars so your head has to lower down even further, you can work up to doing them on two chairs with your head to the floor. Start pressing down hard with your fingers to get your feet to come away from the wall and learn to balance in a handstand position. Start practicing trying to planche the handstand. Learn to do a freestanding handstand, walk on your hands and eventually freestanding handstand pushups. Try to learn the L-sit to handstand. Train the pushing movements of HSPU's together with the pulling motion of pull-ups. To train the legs work on one legged squats.