Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by stig, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stig

stig Well-Known Member

2 days ago a person i know tried to kill theirself. their partner has been beating them up for ages, we are talking broken ribs, black eyes the works. i asked this forum for help for that person. that person's other half got onto this site and started causing trouble. i got a warning for posting the truth. i'm sorry but i am f****d off with sf. where is the support? the REAL support. giving hugs and cuddles is all ok but it DOES NOT fix people. I want to make a difference. i have tried.
  2. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Oh no I didn't no that was happening, I no who your talking about and I'll be thinking of this person. I wish there was something I could say or do to help.
    I hope things turn out better
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your friend stig....I hope she's as ok as she can be..
    I hope she presses charges on the violent behaviour and gets away from him..
    I hope you'll stay and keep trying to make a difference...every little bit helps to change things stig..
    I apologize for not answering posts much lately...I can't deal with the serious ones when I'm barely scraping through the day at the moment myself..
  4. stig

stig Well-Known Member

i'm thinking of leaving this forum for good. after what happened yesterday. i don't feel the same about sf.
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but I think I need to go there a bit...
    Alot of people complain about not getting help when on SF- but SF isn't a knight in shining armor; or superman; we're all regular people. All regular people who also do not want to live... and just having the expectation and the pressure that WE are responsible for eachother's lives is a really heavy burden to hold on someone.

You (as in each of us- in general)are the only person who can help you.
    You have to be willing to reach out.
    You have to WANT change in your life.

Just going onto a forum and talking to someone about your problems and expecting it to change your life is unrealistic. It can help some-- but it's not going to save you from your lifestyle; whether it was thrust upon you or chosen and you got stuck.

I felt really fucking guilty reading this thread.
    REALLY guilty.
    Like it's all my fault- everything is my fault- and that is how I feel 90% of the time when I go on SF into any of the more triggering subjects.

I am SORRY this happened to your friend.
    I'm SORRY that anything bad ever happens to anybody- but there is really not a whole lot WE-as a forum of people behind computer screens can do for eachother realistically.
    To place all of the blame on a forum is silly.

We all come here for help or to be comforted- and when we do not get either of those things, that sucks.
    I'm sorry.
    But it's just not right to blame a computer screen or the people behind it who are trying not to hurt and trying not to kill themselves.

so- sorry if I'm an asshole; which I know I am.
    Might as well ignore me because I'm a fucking idiot too! A useless, guilty idiot.
    I'd help everyone in the world if I could, but I'm not capable of even helping myself.
  6. stig

stig Well-Known Member

sorry, it wasn'y meant to sound like that. i'm not blaming the people or the forum. i'm angry that the posts i put up were contaminated by a non member of this forum, by an abusive manipulator. by the person that put a friend in hospital. i'm angry that i got a warning for posting the truth. i have tried so hard to be a positive member here and by trying to help others with my knowledge and understanding. but when i ask for help for another i get told off because of an abusers lies.
  7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Well, I understand why you might want to leave now. That is ridiculous... I wouldn't put up with it, either.

And this non-member disgusts me... he needs to 'get his'.
    Just one of many things I hate about the internet--- everyone can use it and you never really know if people really are who they say they are.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You got a WARNING for not responding ...all else, I cannot discuss...we DO NOT give infractions for posts such as these...we cannot take any action without knowing what went on...and, you were not 'told off'...I was the one who dealt with this, and I do not' tell ppl off'...also, how can any site such as this 'fix peole'? that is not our mission, nor is it possible...J
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sorry you are in so much pay STig i hope that you phone the cops let them know what went on. I hope the cops then do their job It is hard to protect someone that will not leave their abuser. Please put you anger and pain on the asshole that got in here get him arrested okay call the authorites where she lives let them know what happened thats all you can do. Please keep talking here okay let us know how you are dealing with it all. I am glad your friend is in hospital and i hope the professionals there get her to a safe house now where he can never reach her again.
  10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I agree V...thanks for the input...J
  11. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

stig listen to violet,
    shes saying what ive been trying to tell you,if she cant see her way out of harm then theres not much you can do but listen
    and sadeyes is a very fair mod who cares for everyone
    you cant leave because of this
    what about other people you have helped and need your help,and the people who care about you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.