Gossip flies unfortunately.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayako44

I'm so upset right now.......just found out from my friends that people that I don't even know are talking about me and that I've been in the psych unit...It makes me so mad that people spread that information around for one thing.....and another thing that upsets me is that people are so judgemental of anyone that has even a hint of a psychiatric problem. Get over it! I'm a normal person, I have an illness just like anyone else can get, and I am trying my best to get the help that I need. Don't judge me based on one small part of my life that has nothing to do with you anyways!

kayako44

Grrrr, sorry for the ranting...I just want to off myself right now...I'm sick of living in this crap that other people deal to me....I'm just done with it...Lock me up and throw away the key...then I don't have to deal with anyone else. I'm sick of people, I'm sick of life.....I'm sick of me....

don't let it get you down. jerks are everywhere. you are better than that and strong as well. you have survived so much. it's not easy having a mental illness and being in the hospital. at least you know how to keep yourself safe when you are in crisis. hang in there.

People can be so cruel can't they? The only thing you can do is ignore it. If their lives are so empty and meaningless that they have to gossip about you then they're very sad people.
I have a personal policy of being very open about my mental health issues. I find it makes life easier for me plus it 'educates' other people. The vast majority of people I deal with are very good about it, want to understand more, make allowances when I'm so spaced out I don't recognise them etc. However, I have worked with people who completely changed towards me once they discovered I have BPD. People who completely stopped talking to me and went out of their way to avoid me. I look on that as quite a good thing. I don't have to waste any time on prejudiced bigots, lol.
It all goes in the box 'their problem' not the box 'my problem'.
Rise above it, these people don't deserve your attention. xxxx

I think that sometimes people do things without even thinking. They start gossiping about someone without realizing the impact it will have on another person's life.

Or maybe some of them do realize, they're just mean people.

GreyCat

In fairness, its hardly unusual for people to have mental health problems, and every single one of these people who are gossiping about such a thing will encounter the same themselves, either personally or through someone they know, at some point in their lives. More than once, most likely. So, for a person with a reasonably functioning brain, whos actually been in the world for any amount of time at all, its not a big deal. Anyone who would judge you for it is a dick and not worth your energy. (Scuse my french.)

A1231988

People are always quick to judge people they know nothing about. I've been a nihilist most of my life for this reason. I let a very limited number of people get close to me. Just never forget that the opinion of somebody close minded enough to look down on and talk badly about people with those issues is worthless. All of those people are not worth enough for you to care about their opinion.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Don't let other people drag you down.. You have nothing to be ashamed of..Your one of the smart ones because you sought out help..So let the others show there ass's and write them off as people you don't need in your life..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00