got a call from my dad yesterday

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sparkz, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Sparkz

Sparkz Well-Known Member

after my mum basically forced him to!
    my mum and dad broke up when i was young, when i got older i used to see him all the time, but the last few years it slowly got less and less, and now i havent seen him in almost a year....anyway
    he called me, spoke for a bit and said he will "try" to get up and see me soon, he said that 2 months ago, and 2 months before that :rolleyes:
    all i ever wanted to do is make my dad proud, but he cant give a shit!
    all he does is hurt me :sad:

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Awww, I'm sorry sparkz. Maybe you should tell him what you've just told us? Make him realize that you need him in your life. :hug:

3. Sparkz

Sparkz Well-Known Member

i want to tell him, but i dont know how to...
    it just seems he cant be bothered with me, hes got his own family and im not part of it
    he probably wouldnt of rang up if my mum hadnt of asked him to

4. Petal

He is your dad sweetie, its your right to do this.

Write him a letter, it would probably be easier that way.

I lost my dad to cancer last June, I miss him terribly and wish we had got along better. Point being, you may regret not trying hard enough. I know it's in no way your fault, but if you have to force him, then do so :hug:

5. Sparkz

Sparkz Well-Known Member

im sorry to hear that :sad:
    maybe it would be best to to to tell him how i feel, im just worried how he will react, he doesnt know about my ocd or self harm, he would probably disown me if he did :sad:
    thanks for the advice

6. Petal

If he would disown you for that, then you're probably better off without him.
    Since you don't know how he will react just stay positive and hope for the best :hug:

I'm always here for you :arms: