Got Close To Death..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Keiran, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I'm 16. I do okay in school, sometimes A's, mostly B's, with a C here and there.

A week or so ago, I took xxxx. It was not a suicide attempt, but I was fully aware I could have died. I woke up, very dizzy, blurry vision, could barely walk, terrible stomach ache, breathing heavy...could barely finish a sentence.

Doing that brought me down a lot and for the next week or so I was in a very depressive state. So basically I went from always being to depressed, to being a lot more depressed. During that week I just didn't feel like doing anything at school. I had projects I didn't do, tests I failed, etc. Now I have an F in 3 classes and not much better in the other classes.

Mom keeps asking me whats wrong and why I'm just giving up.. cause this is my junior year and it's really important. All I could say is that I'm fine. I can't even think of how I would tell her. I just can't do it.

I just don't know what to do anymore.

Edit: Sorry, didn't know I wasn't allowed to put what it was I took.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You have someone who is genuinely concerned about you...tell her you are depressed and ease into how depressed you are...tell her enough to get help and support...this will take the pressure off of you and get you the caring and help you need...J

3. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not very comfortable talking about this kind of stuff. I've only ever told one person, and that was online. It's not the kind of thing I like talking about in person.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Try...as I said, start with little drama...I am feeling awful...and move on from there...rehearse with someone so that you can get the words out...read it off a piece of paper...do what you have to...but try...you deserve to feel better...J

5. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I just don't think I can do it...

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

All I can ask is that you try...you would surprised how many things ppl do that they felt they could not at first glance...J

7. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I've thought about it for a while now, and I'll think about it some more, but I just am unsure about the reaction I will get.

8. Jacey

Jacey Member

Hey apwhitelaw,

I'm in the same boat. I'm also 16 and in my junior year. I didn't take a drug as much as have an epiphany. An epiphany that justified there is no meaning to life. I was very depressed and I saw no meaning to doing work. Why did it matter? I'm a straight A student trying to bring up her C's at the moment.

My friend realized this was happening and asked me what was wrong. Of course I said I was fine. I am so scared of telling people as well. My parents don't even know about my drug abuse, but its mainly because they don't care too much of me. Anyways, I wrote a letter to this good friend of mine and now she understands and tries to help me through my thoughts. Point is, you have to reach out. You just have to. If you don't, the consequences could be fatal.

You have a mom that cares. You have been given a great gift. Even if you have to send a text, e-mail, write a letter, leave a voicemail, whatever you have to reach out to her. Trust me, it can't get any worse. I know you are deathly afraid, but you have to have faith in your mom and in yourself. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

If you need to talk, feel free to PM me. Or text. (I give you my number in a PM.)

Cheers,
    Jacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.