goth.net

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by wallflower, Oct 31, 2007.

1. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

I've joined goth.net and have been ganged up by the same members repeatedly telling me rude things like go into a corner and starve yourself. You don't belong here. You're an attention seeking twat- when I have asked for help. I have been pushed pretty far over the edge just by their social rejection. And they are provoking me constantly, using the same insults over and over. Now they're all coining the phrase "attention whore" and i havent even had that many posts. I've made a friend on there but things just arent good. I'm still not making friends in college.

2. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Stay away from there. This can only bring bad feelings on you. If they don't want you, then forget them. Theres always open arms here.

3. seishou

seishou Guest

Seems like the guys at goth.net are a bunch of asses. But meh, like twilightki said, you're always welcome here :smile: I also know the pain of not making any friends at college, but try to hang in there!

4. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

Some people are just jerks for the sake of being jerks. I'm sorry that happened. The people here are welcoming and understanding, and that's why I keep coming back :). There are other nice sites out there, though, and I hope you will be able to find some kinder people. I'm on some communities on journal sites and there's good support there as well.

I think I read in one of your posts that you're schizophrenic/ schizoaffective. If so, I can PM you the link to a good, supportive community for schizophrenia that I joined a few months ago.

5. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i've heard some stuff b4 about goth.net, i'm sorry to hear it's true. and especially to someone in need.
    sf is a safe place and we are here with open arms. feel free to pm me or find me on msn if you want to talk
    take care, stay safe and stay away from goth.net :hug:

6. Sashi0

Sashi0 Well-Known Member

May I ask what the purpose of goth.net is?

7. tbs

tbs Member

I have never heard of this website, but I am very glad to of had someone here tell us about it. I would never join a place like that, nor would I tell anyone about that place. Seems like it's a place worser than hell.:sad:

8. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I expect it's a forum where Goths make fun of how conformist everyone else is on one hand and on the other, criticize anyone who doesnt act and do the exact same things the majority of them do.

9. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Could say the same about having a huge tattoo. Unless it's a MAD magazine fold in, it's going to look odd when you're 70.

Not all Goths are as bad as some of these guys though. I've had a few online friends who were Goths and most of them were decent folk. One was even banned from Goth.net. :laugh:

10. Sashi0

Sashi0 Well-Known Member

I have met many people culturally inclined to promote a gothic appearance and lifestyle (Downtown New York) but I have never actually met one that would join a forum about it and be particularly mean to others. In high school there were gothic people that were very stupid though, that's for sure. Maybe it's just people in an adolescent goth phase?

In any case, if they are all mean to you, then obviously they are not meant to have anything to do with you. :hug:

11. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Well-Known Member

ugh...i got shit like that from darkstarlings.com...nothing but pricks who feel superior to everyone else on that site. fuck the whole lot of um. dont let people on the internet get to you. cyber bullying is a lot easier to do because of the lack of...uh...adverse bullying effects. they can just sit there all day long, slinging insults like they are halloween candy, and nobody can do a damn thing about it.