Gotta go, I have a train to catch...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by i-want-to-do-it, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oval

oval Well-Known Member

are you still there?? please come back online!! :sad: talk to me

2. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Well, hopefully you return.

3. Only back because I actually misjudged which track the train was on. Otherwise, it was perfect. Oh well, as they say, life goes on. There'll always be another train... Damn...

4. oval

oval Well-Known Member

im glad your back!! talk to us please

5. Don't worry the fact that I was lying there in the dark with my neck on the rail and wasn't scared at all just means I won't make the same mistake twice.

6. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Hey,
    I know the feeling all to well of wanting to end my life but I really hope you don't do it. I really hope you're okay and still alive.

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I hope you're okay. :hug:

8. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Then Im coming with you.. :sad:

9. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

well.. duno if u have ever seen pictures of ppl from trains.. it aint pretty.. :( I've thought about it b4 too but.. anyway, maybe theres a reason you didnt get hit.. I mean.. maybe you need to live.. idk.. Not sure what else to say.. sorry..

10. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

Yeah, maybe there's a reason. Train is not a good way to go, it's traumatizing for everybody involved, and there are a lot of people involved...

11. LillMy8989

I have seen it all Swift but I don't see any exits then whats been talking anymore, going get beheaded by the train sounds more likely the cutest fairytale then something 'badly' and sad.

12. LillMy8989

But it is the 'safest' and fastest, ar you suicidal?

13. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Maybe it was devine intervention that you weren't on the track that the train was on? Maybe there's a reason that you are here...?

14. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I live in a city with a subway system and let me tell you how tempting it was to jump on the track and try to tackle the oncoming train sometimes, but I never did. I don't think it's fair to traumatize the driver like that. (And they do get traumatized! I know sometimes they have specific programs set up just for helping train/subway operators out that have seen a body fall under their train.)

15. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

No method is foolproof. You condoning a suicide because it's "fast" and "safe"? This is not a fairytail method at all, for a lot of reasons besides possible failure.

16. LillMy8989

I can say you will die 99 of 100, go take the chance or you'll die emotionally
    And.. I AM real. I have been for years, always turned to the same plans and thats how im going

17. Oloriel

Oloriel Well-Known Member

Suicide by train has a 10% survival ratio. Suicide by subway has a 67% survival ratio. I too contemplate suicide in the metro every day here, but reading that stat was enough to make me consider that a lot less. I want to die, not survive with irreparable damage.

Don't risk being the one in ten that will survive a train suicide. Stay with us - we'll help you as best we can. :hug:

18. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I recently watched a documentary about a subway driver who was traumatized by a person who jumped in front of her train and killed himself. It may seem like an attractive way to do it, but it will traumatize a lot of innocent bystandards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.