Gotta love this painting!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by SaraRose, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraRose

    SaraRose Well-Known Member

  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Wow that is so cool thanks for showing me this i never saw paintings like this before beautiful
  3. Mr Stewart

    Mr Stewart Well-Known Member


    I looked up the procedure. This painting style is called Ebru or "paper marbling". The general idea is to use a number of chemicals on the surface of the water to ensure your paints and/or dyes maintain cohesion and float on the surface as desired. The paper just has to be strong enough to survive full immersion in water without tearing. So watercolour stock I assume.

    Thanks for posting this. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.