Government Disability Discrimination - UK

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Cath, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cath

Cath Staff Alumni

2. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

No kidding :mad:

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Yeah, that's not good, but I will give you a word of warning: It's by The Sun!

5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

:laugh: Joe

but grrrrr at the story :mad:

6. Cath

Cath Staff Alumni

This is what I found on a website

7. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Too many people in the UK claim benefits.

8. alimar

alimar Well-Known Member

Well personally I am only claiming what I have contrubuted to in taxes for a number of years. Better I claim it that offload it to all those single mothers and streams of children on income support who enjoying making people's life hell!

I miss work, I don't want to claim IB I would rather be well and working than claiming benefits but this country is so fucked up that I was left with no choice.

9. urban_lily

urban_lily Well-Known Member

I'm on benefits....but only because I have to be...if I didnt receive benefits then I would completly lose all the little independance I have and be in an even worse situation. I dont want to be on benefits, I have a real problem with the fact that I am unable to work and have to 'live off the state' but my counsellor recently pointed out to me that although this deeply bothers me now, when I was working and paying taxes (that of course some of went towards paying other peoples' benefits) I didnt even think about it.

There are many people that have no choice about being on benefits....I think most people would get back to work if they possibly could (bound to be a small minority that wouldnt though right). I was reading something recently that really annoyed me though about people claiming incapacity benefit for things like acne! Now, if the acne causes them to suffer terrible anxiety, depression or other mental illnesses then fair enough but then that should be the illness recorded.....it just makes it harder for people to accept that some people have no choice but to claim benefits and not everyone is faking or trying to get out of working.

As alimar said, I miss work and would do anything to get back to feeling like part of society and that I have some meaning to my life again (I'm on IB and DLA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.