Government plan to move London

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by bobbob, Sep 10, 2016.

1. bobbob

bobbob Well-Known Member

Its not possibe to turn on the tele or radio atm without some self-proclaimed expert giving their twopence worth on the government's plan to move London to the central highlands of Scotland. For me the plan is completely mad-cap. How can the small network of minor roads and mountain tracks cope with 6 million people? Where will London's landmarks, like St Peter's, be located? What happens to people who were proud to be south londoners, east londoners etc, and who are suddenly all highlanders? How will the so called Boris Bikes (actally Ken's idea)cope in rugged terrain compared to London's relatively flat landscape?
    It seems unbelieavable that the government has given the move the go ahead, and even picked a moving date, without answering or even addressing these questions. I justwonadered what oters thought?
    person likes this.
  2. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Good joke, this one too! :D
    bobbob likes this.
  3. IamTetsuo

IamTetsuo Well-Known Member

Who knows what otters think?
    bobbob likes this.
  4. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I've heard the Scots aren't too pleased about the plan either. The proposed land is prime sheep grazing country and we Scots are partial to out sheep. :)
    Alba Gu Brath
    bobbob likes this.
  5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

The government can move their stuff to the new location but the rest of the Londoners can stay put. Who cares where the new government buildings will be at. Its their problem