GP appt soon and a new affliction I call 'companic' heh.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheWr0ngChild, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

So I've changed my GP and have the first appointment with my new one next Saturday. I'm taking with me a list of all my PMDD type symptoms as well as how my Aspergers is effecting me at the moment.
    I'm not pre conceiving any ideas about what they may or may not do, I'm just taking with me the facts, that’s it. I have already mentioned my codeine addiction on the registration forms, so I will be taking that to them too and hopefully getting some help to stop.

At the moment I'm having about 3-4 panic attacks a day and feel pretty unwell. 50% of this is coming from very rigid ideas I have about my computer breaking down. Take last night where I was sat browsing the web & listening to REM and the monitor loses power. Now the cable at the back of this one is a bit temperamental and slipped out of the socket at the back, causing the monitor to turn off of course. As soon as I pushed it back in it came back on. However this was not before I was almost sick, felt really dizzy, and took about 2 hours to get to sleep.

I really think I need reconditioning that as much as I rely on my computer/s (me has 2 lol) although my spare is shit & slow, but it does for the web if I need to get this one fixed, it is NOT my life, the real thing in my life I should he thinking about all the time and worrying about if needs must is my lovely boyfriend. He's the best thing in my life, not a machine.
    My priorities are seriously wrong, I spend way too much time stuck here at the computer doing what most would call nothing.

I need a life, and I'm hoping if the new GP can shed some light on these monthly symptoms which are making me so ill and this extra panic stuff and somehow help me, I might be able to. I'm willing to try any options so long as they carefully watch me & offer me enough backup, this includes therapy, medication, tests, the lot. I imagine when I tell them about my PMS symptoms they'll want to do some tests anyway, which I will ask for as nobody has ever investigated it before.

I'm hoping to look into going to college a couple of days a week to perhaps study computer science or general ICT stuff, mainly because that is one area I am able to learn things quickly in.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I think you're doing the right thing, by going to the new GP and presenting all the facts. The only way they can really help you is if they know everything that's happening.

Must have been a rough night for computers last night. Mine started making a bizarre clicking noise. I seriously thought it was about to fry right on the spot. But it sounds like your monitor might just need a new power cable.

I can also relate to wanting to go to school for computers. It's what I'm good at, so that's what I'd like to do too.

3. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Does your monitor have speakers, if so they're prolly responsable for the clicking. I never use my monitor speakers as they hiss & pop. If you can unplug the speaker plug (green plug) from the back of the tower to check if it is that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.