Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by weeble, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weeble

weeble Active Member

have got GP appt in half an hour gonna see if can get some help. To the outside world everything is rosy but am already dead inside. If it was just me I would of curled up in a ball and already died but am a single mum with a beautiful child who deserves more so am gonna do this for her but am so scared right now.
  2. assek

assek Well-Known Member

first of all, well done for making the first step. i know how hard that is and im proud of you for making it.
    sometimes when we pretend to the whole world that everything is rosy , it can be really exhausting.

good luck with your appointment, and be honest with your GP so that you can get the help that you deserve. i'll be thinking of you *hugs*
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes tell GP everything okay You are being a great mom getting help so you will be strong and well for you and your daughter. Let us know how it goes okay
  4. weeble

weeble Active Member

she put me back onto anti-d's feel so shit, its like a huge step backwards as have been off them now for well over a year. I just glossed over the surface but dont think I really did a good job. She just gave me 2 weeks worth so will have to go back anyway when these run out. Have so much work to do today but if its anything like yesterday then none will get done. Everything feels so hopeless
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You know the meds take awhile to kick in if they are making you sick call GP okay. You have done good for a year but need some help now so good for you getting it. Antidepressants work give you the freedom from sadness so you can go on living just like any other medication we take to help us feel better.
    I hope meds kick in soon so you have more energy to get things done. right now just look after you and your daughter okay
  6. kote

kote Account Closed

well done for making the first step to recovery!!!
    you already know here we all support you, we only wish we could hold your hand while you are with the GP. one thing i have learnt over the past 3 years isthat not all medicines suit me or my conditions evolve and change. so keep on top of it and keep telling the gp openly about how you are truely feeling, if the gp doesnt help go to another. i tried one who gave me pills which made me hallucinate and i went balistic at him - he soon recommended the best dr. in the county. good luck and all the best!!!
  7. clouds

clouds Well-Known Member

I think you have made the hardest step in recovery and thats admitting to yourself and gp you arent feeling good.It isnt a sign of failure far from it its a huge strength.
    I know how hard it is with the children but at the same time for me they have bee my saving grace.Try not to set yourself up for failure by having large to do lists.Maybe one or two things a day will be enough..Wish I could wrap my arms around you and give you a hug ((((()))) virtual one coming your way..Start with meds and keep in touch with gp access any support offered or even go looking for it
  8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

it's not a step backwards to take's actually a step forward because you're trying to help yourself and if that means meds then stay with it...
    I hope you will feel better once the meds start working..hold on till then .
    we're here for you
  9. weeble

weeble Active Member

today is a struggle, am trying to work on a seminar paper but my brain is sliding all over the place. Am getting flashback and flashback but there is no-where to hide from my head. Its worse when am on my own but am trying to keep busy, am determined to write this paper today and doing bits of jobs when it all gets too much, sorting out tea, washing n such. Every day is a struggle, today being one of the worse ones. Am not going day to day, its more like hour to hour, and they call this a life :mhmm:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.