Graduation is coming soon....

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Vangelis, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

I never really went to any past graduations cause it was such a pain in the ass to get my family to go or even friends to go. I have another one coming up, to me it's my biggest accomplishment, but deep down inside I feel why bother going to it because no one will notice it or congratulate me in person on it. I'm about to become a licensed massage therapist soon, I went through pre-med (anatomy and physiology), took business and ethics, and had 500 lab hours of massage training, all finished in a years time. I busted my ass on this trying to make a change in my life and all I get from family is a "So what?"

They don't acknowledge my accomplishments, and I've been there every year for them. Hell even my friends don't see it either. Perhaps it's the last time I graduated to become an IT professional turned into a flop and I couldn't make something out of it because of the job market outsourcing all tech jobs to the freaking Indians...or maybe I was just not that smart. I mean having A+, Network +, Security +, Microsoft certifications and a college degree on top of that didn't really help at all. Granted I'm not a people person, I do the job and I get paid....

I'm a nice person though inside, but since I don't have anything to put on the table to use as a bargaining chip for someone that I know to come to my graduation next month, then I might just skip out on this one and grab my license and degree. Just feel down because no matter how much I do, it's never enough to impress my family. It only garners more hatred and labels that I don't even know my own name anymore besides...Fucktard.

Well that's just one of the myriad of other deep rooted issues going on and I still hate myself for posting something like this on here.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I can understand no matter what you do not going to change them. The fact is you should be so proud of your accomplishment as i know how hard this course is. Many could not complete it. You must be know just how much you have accomplished here. I hope your parents will somehow see how much this means to you and go to your graduation for you and be a part of such a feat
    Maybe leave a invitation for them on their table with a letter stating how much it would mean to you to have them there. Go for you okay go enjoy the day for you as you deserve to be recognised Congratulations goes out to you from me because i know just how hard you did work take care
  3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I am agreeing with Violet, because you have accomplished alot. To go from tech head to pre-med and then to massage therapy is great accomplishment.

If your family feels that unrealistic, they aren't worth fretting over. It's their problem, not yours.