Graphic Memories...Feeling Confused *Possible Trigger Warning*

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Lone_Wolf, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Well-Known Member

I've been having some memories of things that happened when I was younger and
    I don't know how to feel. Its almost a numb feeling like I'm seeing someone else in
    my memories.

I'm not sure how to feel...my family kind of laughs off what happened to me since it
    wasn't "real" abuse and its always made me feel confused as to what happened. I have
    these reoccuring memory of the person who did this to me, my cousin, having a
    blanket in the car and whenever my mother would go into the store he would make
    me touch his "Max" (as he called it) until he was gratified and I just felt dirty. He would
    he did that off and on for 4 years. When we were at home he would made me do it
    otherwise he wouldn't give me any presents (he had started giving me gifts in exchange)
    and I would just go along with it. I also have memories of him grabbing my feet and using
    those to get off in a way I would rather not remember anymore.

Was I abused? I was 6-9 years old when this happened. He was an adult.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

It was most certainly abuse!
    You were a child and therefore in his power.
    Sadly this is an all too often occurrence, especially on this forum and if you need to share my pm box is always open.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes. You were most definitely abused. I have no idea why your family are trying to play it down instead of supporting you as they should be. Abuse can have life long lasting effects, so if I were you i'd definitely reach out for professional help. None of this was your fault and no child should go through the abuse that you did. You can get stronger every day. We are here for you all the time and I am really sorry for what you have been through, no one deserves that.

4. perks16

perks16 Member

definitely you've been abuse and the sad part is your family is not supporting you. petal is right you should seek help from the professional.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.