1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Movie Clips

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by HumanExMachina, Jul 23, 2017.

1. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina Pizza Spaceman Forum Pro

Of course, nobody will, but on the odd chance somebody has a favorite movie and would like to share a cool scene from it with others, feel free to do so.
    I'll start it out with the first one that popped into my little head.

2. HumanExMachina

Ok, might as well get it over with and post this one.

Debzy, MagickLynx, TonyHill and 6 others like this.
  3. Ash600

Ash600 SF Creative SF Supporter

Just thought of this one myself, warning as this is a spoiler alert in case anyone has yet to see this movie

Debzy, Unknown_111, pooky and 3 others like this.
  4. Lulabelle

Lulabelle SF Supporter

I saw Baby Driver recently and the opening scene was awesome (I'd love to be able to drive a car like that!)

Debzy, TonyHill and HumanExMachina like this.
  5. HumanExMachina

6. HumanExMachina

7. Claire_from_Canada

Claire_from_Canada Well-Known Member

8. HumanExMachina

9. HumanExMachina

Wow, I never posted Logan's Run clips while three sheets to the wind. I'm surprised.
    No rap?? Chaos ensues.
    Yes, hard for me to pick the 'best' scene, I was a child when I first saw it, so they will all be favorite scenes, forever.
    Yeah, but come on, let's keep it real, would Logan's Run still be one of our favorites if Jenny Agutter had been covered up in a parka?
    Ustinov is great in that scene. Of course he was, I first saw it when I was a kid!
    I've got it, and in English, not French. All you have to do is hop on an expensive 8 hour plane ride and you can see it as many times as you want;)

10. So, this is the great movie clips forum. Ever wonder why librarians would render that title as “movies, great?” now “movies” is the first word in the reference, and Stegosaurs like me might guess it. But perhaps there’s a second forum called “mediocre movie clips.” No. I refuse to look for it. Worse yet, the great movie clips are in the Coffee House, where we overamped on caffeine yesterday. And the Coffee House is in the Gathering. Where folks gather in gaggles to gab, I suppose.

Yet I am fearless. I bought an Acer all-in-one desktop with a 23-inch screen. (I need bigger letters than a 5-inch phone screen allows, and I do not like the way the phone companies want $140 a month for cellular Internet smartphone-with a 3-year commitment, $300 early termination fee. Even if your date was May 30 and you cancelled on the 29th. Therefore, I still have only my trusty landline. And land-based, continental Internet service. No radio waves for me. I like lines made of copper that snake over land, although apprised the switching is computerized and crashes when bugs pop up, as with Washington State residents who dialed 911 one day.)

I don’t have an MP3 or MP4 of Logan’s Run. Video files take up a lot of memory and disk space, so I don’t seek movie-length ones. But I remember the film as if last Monday, and I remember the aluminum tumbler I drank lemon Koolaid from at my Granny’s house afterward. It was the yellow one; may favorite, the purple tumbler, was probably in the dirty-dishes-pending at that time—no dishwashing machine, of course. Granny had well water, and polyethylene tubs for the dishes, to do by hand—a task for us boys.

I can read French and German, by the way. You have to, to study hieroglyphic and hieratic Egyptian writing, on which over half the scholarly articles appear in these two foreign languages. But I cannot comprehend or speak French (or German). A reading knowledge, where you have aid of a grammar and a dictionary, is easier. But I digress. The French movie is not in written form. :oops:

Finally, I have only one sheet to the wind, a linen sail on a classical Old Kingdom hedgehog boat. And finally, the Surgeon General of the United States has determined that hip-hop music is dangerous to your health. :eek: Warning labels mandatory by 2071, the centennial of the TV cigarette ad ban.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    HumanExMachina likes this.
  11. HumanExMachina

You must have some favorite films, besides Logan's Run. I'd love to see them listed, and then read your commentary for each one.
    I wish I was as smart as you. I always have. But I aint, and never will be. Which is better, the French or German version?

12. HumanExMachina

13. HumanExMachina

14. HumanExMachina

Why did I post that twice? Must have been really drunk at the time. Unlike now, when I'm just a little bit drunk.

15. Vanzelouiz

Vanzelouiz Well-Known Member

Love this one!

HumanExMachina and Lulabelle like this.
  16. Vanzelouiz

17. HumanExMachina

Haven't seen this one! I'm going to try and track it down.

18. Vanzelouiz

I think this movie is so underappreciated .
    Hope you gonna love it as much as i did,Send me feed back if you will.

HumanExMachina likes this.
  19. HumanExMachina

20. SinisterKid

SinisterKid We either find a way, or make one. SF Supporter

This movie is so un-pc and thats why I love it so much.