Great, on top of my depression, I am a bad person as well. :(

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by TheBLA, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

After slightly over 7 years on this forum, I finally managed to tick off someone severely and get a nasty private message in response. Its the first time I've been called something along the lines of a pompous, arrogant jerk here or anywhere for that matter. :(

It may have been I worded my message wrongly and/or the other person also reacted in a hostile manner because of whatever is on their plate.

I always thought at least if I have to be a freak, forever a loser who will die alone, that at least I could be a good person who never hurt anyone. But it seems I don't even have that anymore to stand on. :(
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun i just went through a simular situation but on another forum hun I was being called awful names hun and now have been banned from that forum
    It is not you hun it is the person that is attacking that is perhaps not seeing what you wanted to say or is having a bad day
    We all know you are good hun so don't let someones mean comments bring you down ok Although i know how much they hurt i do understand god but once the sting wears off hun You know you are good ok and were only trying to help hugs
  3. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

if only it were so easy to only communicate after taking the time for a considered unemotional reply

but that only works if you are not human

also you cannot control how people will react to anything - you know the "can please some people some of the time" bit

i am so hyper aware of not hurting people that i sometimes don't say what i mean even if i'm the one who has already been hurt

the sad fact is that i end up hurting people sometimes anyway

neither of us feels good when it happens - all we can do is try not to consciously do it - what happens by accident accident
  4. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

A good person tries not to hurt others. A bad person tries TO hurt others. The intention is key, not the result. No-one can guarantee that they'll never upset anyone ever. No-one.
  5. MisterBGone

It can be sometimes difficult, to determine tone, in print. Miscommunication is inevitable at times during emails, text messages, and other forms of letters. Take for instance, the phrase, "I love you." Well, now I suppose that this could be taken a variety of ways, maybe ten or more, and unless they read it exactly as you wrote it, they won't actually understand what you're saying... So, if your intentions are pure, then I would not stress out about it. Perhaps send them a follow up reply explaining what it is exactly that you truly meant, if you're feeling okay about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.