Greatest epidemic(the root of humanitys inhumanity to itself)

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LightInTheDarkestNight, Apr 3, 2013.

1. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

So I own this guys book I haven't read it all but most of it, the way he describes some things is a bit out there, however the main point of what he is saying makes sense. It reminds of the book "The Lucifer effect" which is a great read itself and put forth in a more conventional manner to describe how good people can turn evil and do horrendous things due to social influences and other factors.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  2. LightInTheDarkestNight

Bolded a few points I found quite interesting. There's also some non-bolded points that are quite well. All of the quotes aren't in chronological order so read the article if you want that.

Lacking a sense of soul, wetikos are efficient "machines," dedicated to preserving and serving "the state," which, to quote Forbes, "is itself a creature of the wetikos who have seized control of its power apparatus."[xxiii] A full-fledged wetiko has become a robotic automaton, conditioned to react to certain stimuli like a reflex. They have become part of "the machine," with no spontaneity, creativity, originality, nor free thinking programmed in. De-humanized, wetikos have lost touch with any sense of aesthetics, of appreciating the inherent beauty of life, and have become "an-aesthetic," i.e., anesthetized and numb to what it is to be a human being. Emissaries of an authoritarian, militarized, patriarchal planetary "culture," the wetiko bug breeds fascism, and terror. To quote the great healer Wilhelm Reich, "Fascism is the vampire leeched to the body of the living, the impulse to murder given free rein."[xxiv] Fascism is the outer, collective political expression of an individual's ravaged inner landscape that has been crippled and suppressed by the authoritarian civilization of "the machine."

Just like vampires, full-blown wetikos have a thirst for the very thing they lack -- the mystical essence of life -- i.e., the "blood" of our soul. In "consuming" other human beings, wetiko disease is a feeding thing, a psychic eating disorder in which the stricken psyche consumes other psyches, as well as, ultimately, itself. Wetikos are what are called "psychophagic," i.e., soul-eaters. Savaged by the ferocity of their unending hunger, full-blown wetikos have become possessed by an insatiable craving that can never be filled. This vampiric feeding is an unholy parody, a satanic reflection, of the self-renewal of life. This perverse inner process is mirrored collectively by the consumer society in which we live, a culture that continually fans the flames of never-ending desires, conditioning us to always want MORE. As if starving, we are in an endless feeding frenzy, trying to fill a bottomless void. This process of rabid, obsessive/compulsive consumption is a reflection of a deeper, inner shared sense of spiritual starvation

In a vampiric lineage, the wetiko virus's self-propagation is accomplished through the medium of the "family system" (be it our family of origin, or the human family), as the legacy of abuse (be it physical, sexual, political, emotional, psychological, or spiritual) gets passed down, both individually and collectively, and transmitted over generations, continually incarnating itself through the living. It is through the traumatic shattering of our wholeness that wetiko passes its fractured logic and distorted code into the body/mind of another. As if under a curse, our species has been suffering from a collective, inherited form of PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder). Remaking their victims in their own image, the wetikos' victims join the legion of the "damned," themselves becoming holders of an unholy lineage. This "curse" will continue until we intervene in the spreading of this vampiric mind-parasite, and the chain of never-ending abuse is stopped.

Forbes writes, "one of the major traits characterizing the truly evil and extreme form of wetikoism is arrogance."[xxvii] In being "full-blown," wetikos are arrogantly puffed up with their own self-importance, i.e., "inflated." Instruments for evil, wetikos are arrogantly, ignorantly and self-righteously convinced they are in possession of the truth and working for the highest good. It is as if they are unable to know that what they are doing is evil, unable to register their actions as anything other than good. Forbes concludes, "In any case, the wetiko disease, the sickness of exploitation, has been spreading as a contagion for the past several thousand years. And as a contagion unchecked by most vaccines, it tends to become worse rather than better with time. More and more people catch it, in more and more places, and they become the true teachers of the young."[xxviii] Wetiko culture gets taught both at home and in "the academy," where people become "certified" in the ways of its world, and are thus accredited and empowered to spread its corrupting ways on ever grander scales.

People taken over by the wetiko virus usually don't suspect a thing about how they have been "conned." The wetiko culture offers no incentive for them to self-reflectingly speculate upon their depraved circumstance; on the contrary, the nonlocal field configures itself to conspire, enable and further cultivate their psychosis. When someone is a full-blown, unrecognized wetiko, the field around them torques so as to protect, collude with, and feed into their psychosis in a way that en-trances everyone around them. Once under the wetiko spell, they lose the capacity to recognize the wetiko pathology in others. In a situation of "group narcissism," wetikos at different stages of the disease assume particular postures and roles relative to each other so as to protect and shield themselves from their own insanity and darkness. They feed and reinforce each others' narcissism because it enhances their own. Speaking about the type of person who is typically susceptible to fall prey to the wetiko virus, Forbes writes that it is usually the individual "whose strings are pulled by others or who follow a life-path dictated by others. Thus they are ripe for the wetiko infection."[xxvi] Not in touch with their inner guidance, they project authority outside of themselves, and become very suggestible to the consensus, agreed-upon opinion of the dominant pack. Losing touch with their own discernment and ability for critical thinking, the "mass man" becomes part of the mindless herd and falls prey to "group-think," whose members co-dependently enable each other to uphold their shared version of the (wetiko) world. Their group consensus about the nature of reality gets increasingly harder to sustain as time passes, however, as, like a house of cards ready to collapse at any moment, their vision of the world is based on the fundamental error of not being true. Strangely enough, people under the collective enchantment of wetiko become fanatically attached to supporting an agenda that oftentimes is diametrically opposed to serving their own best interest. This is an outer reflection of the inner state of being under the sway of the self-destructive wetiko parasite.

By being "unclean," it is as if there is an un-holy or evil spirit that has taken up residence in the beings of those taken over by wetiko. They are unwittingly being used as instruments, as covert operatives of this darker, unclean spirit to proliferate itself in the wider field. Secret agents of the disease, wetikos' secret is self-secret, in that it is secret even to themselves. As is true for any of us when we are taken over by something other than ourselves, carriers of wetiko don't know how possessed they are at any given moment. The experience of being taken over by something more powerful than themselves always happens in their blind spot (please see my article "Are We Possessed?").

The wetiko bug influences our perceptions by stealth and subterfuge so as to hide and obfuscate itself from being seen. Like a higher-dimensional, alien form of psychic foliage, the wetiko germ implants its seeds into and takes root and germinates within our mind, distracting and deviating us from our true vocation, calling and spiritual path. The alien, and alienating, effect of the wetiko virus, the very thing we need to see, is disguised by the way we think, perceive, and give meaning to our experience. When someone becomes a full, card-carrying member of the cult of wetiko (please see my article "The Bush Cult"), it is as if their mind has been colonized by the virus in such a way that they themselves don't have the slightest clue about their own pathological condition. Wetikos don't experience themselves as needing help; for them other people are always "the problem." They usually don't mind their disease, or even recognize it, because it is all they know, and their leaders and the very society they live in encourage them in it. They neither have an appreciation of their disorder, nor do they realize how truly sick they are.
  3. LightInTheDarkestNight

In addition to the weak and defenseless, vampires seek out people who are on the verge of a quantum, evolutionary leap in consciousness, but have not yet fully integrated their realizations and come out the other side. These individuals are in an energetically sensitive and "charged" condition, and their openness and vulnerability invites the vampiric entities to help themselves and gorge on the light of their expanding awareness. The strategy of these predators is to distract us so as to keep our attention directed outwards, thereby stopping us from finding the light within ourselves, which would "kill" the vampires. If we hold up a mirror and reflect back the insanity being exhibited by those stricken by the wetiko psychosis, we run the very real risk of being accused of being the ones who are crazy. If we do manage to connect with the light within ourselves and try to share it with others, these nonlocal vampiric entities (what I have in previous articles called "nonlocal demons," or NLD for short), not bound by the third-dimensional laws of space and time, will try, via their "connections" to the nonlocal field, to stop us by influencing other people to turn against us. This process can destroy us, or, if we have the meta-awareness to see what is happening and are able to skillfully navigate our way through, can serve to further strengthen our intention, deepen our connection with the light of lucidity, hone our skill of creatively transmitting our realizations, and cultivate more open-hearted compassion. It is as if these psychic, nonlocal vampires are guardians of the threshold of evolution.
  4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I hate to be the one to break this. But I will be that guy....

Vampires aren't real
  5. LightInTheDarkestNight

You obviously didn't read the article he's not literally talking about vampires, he's using the term as a figurative expression but I guess you missed that. He is comparing the people he's describing(wetikos) to vampires to make points about how they are. Of course I know vampires aren't real, not to mention if vampires are real are not is totally so far off from the point of this article. No need to get condescending and just say vampires aren't real when you clearly don't even understand what the article is about, which is most likely because you didn't take the time to read it.

The article is mainly about our collective shadow and how we can project it. Our shadow is most often unconscious.

There's great information in this link about our shadow. I like the part in that article where the author states that people with bigger ego's also have bigger shadows, in order to pump up their ego so high they have to supress everything negative about themselves so much.

Jung writes
    "We know today that In the unconscious of every individual there are intrinsic propensities or psychic systems charged with considerable tension, when they are helped in one way or another to break into the consciousness, and the latter has no opportunity to intercept them in higher forms, they sweep everything before them like a torrent and turn men into creatures who 'beast' is still too good a name. They can only be called 'devils'. To evoke such phenomena in the masses all that's needed is a few possessed persons, or only one.."

He continues, "The fact remains that a small unconscious cause is enough to wreck a man's fate, to shatter a family and continue working down generations like the curse of Atrides"
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  6. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

My rebuttal would be how can you compare something real (a state of mind) to something fictional. It's would be pure here say. You could use anything fictional to back up your argument. Peter pan agrees with me
  7. LightInTheDarkestNight

What about people who make comparisons to devils or talk about god? There is no proof either exist yet there is talk about them by millions and millions of people everyday. There is tons of lore about "god" and "the devils" yet no hard proof at all either exist.

What would be funny is if you hav a GF and you said to her "baby you're my angel" or "you're as sweet as an angel" then she went off on you how angels aren't real and how could you compare her to something fictional! Then she would say why don't you just call me the tooth fairy while you're at it because that's basically where your rebuttal is right now.

It's not being used to back up an argument at all it's speaking metaphorically, in order to describe someone and how they are. It's not being used in any way shape or form to make the point of wetiko psychosis being more credible just a tool to describe them.

Let's take someone like the killer from Sandy Hook, if people compared him to the devil, satan or a monster. You would really nit pick with that person by saying "I Hate to break it to you but monsters aren't real, there is no devil or satan it's all just fiction used to back up your argument. They would know you're totally missing the point and likely think of you as very mentally disturbed for having that train of thought.

or do you like going to church and when they talk about Jesus you go off on how there is no proof he is real and why would you be comparing someones actions of today to what someone who wasn't really gods son from thousands of years ago(they might just think you're jewish though haha) would do or did do. That Jesus would be locked up in a mental institution if he were here today and he was just delusional individual with mental problems.

You're too focused on being right and proving me wrong. Maybe because your initial feeling was that there was something off on the article and therefore that has to be true because it's your opinion(confirmation bias).
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013