Greetings from Northeast USA

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by phoenicianprincess, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greetings. I have a relatively new friend who I bonded with really fast who is potentially suicidal. I told his family and now his sister says he is really mad at me because it stressed everyone out to have to hear the news, and he apparently wasn't suicidal in the first place.

I was worried so I thought I ought to tell someone, and I think I did the right thing.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, welcome to the forum. You did the right thing as you saved someone's life. You used logic in that if something happened, then you would have regretted yourself in knowing their feelings. You did the right thing and nothing to be ashamed of. If the third party feel different, I would just stay away and let the situation calm down.

You could state to the sister, if she was in your shoes she would done the same thing. At the end of the day life is about living. Be proud in what you did and let the situation calm down.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes you definitely did the right thing. It is better to be safe than sorry. Your friend is very lucky to have you :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.