greetings from the suicidal limo driver, heres my lastest rant...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jonsmith, Dec 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonsmith

jonsmith Well-Known Member

just finished my christmas eve shift. took a bunch of pro basketball players and their families to Disneyland. it was an 8 hr job. they tipped me 15.00. a perfect end to a perfect day. i could just cry. also seem to be coming down with strep throat. life continues to suck. i'm home alone now ofcourse. its terrible being a misfit

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi jon,

I'm not sure what to say to you to be honest but wanted you to know you're not alone. Please as hard as today may be for you do not harm yourself, it is not worth it, christmas will pass very soon and you may feel better again. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

3. jonsmith

thanks petal. its always nice to get a reply. especially when one is a loner like i am

4. Petal

You are welcome Jon. Hope today is getting better for you. Thinking of you xxx

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just wanted to reply and let you know someone cares. I've seen your posts and think of you on holidays, because I know they're so difficult for you. :hug:

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I hope today goes better than last night for you. Whether today means Christmas and a holiday for you or just a Thursday after work , I do wish you a good day. You may be physically alone but you are far from alone in your feelings :hug:

7. jonsmith

hi cherry, i remember you too. hope you are hanging in there too. and thank you all for reading and saying hi. it sucks for all of us to have a membership in this sad condition. i remain invisible to the world

8. Standpoints

Standpoints Member

I'm here with you here today and I am sorry for your sadness.

But somehow I don't believe you're truly invisible in real life. :suspicious: I mean if you were people in the limo would freak out "Oh no, there's no one driving the limo and we're hurtling down the freeway!" :friendly_wink:

Take care and I am sorry the holidays are difficult for you.

Standpoints

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

People are insane with tipping system. Foreigners find American tip system baffling.

Hoping your Christmas goes well.

10. jonsmith

you are correct. Europeans pretty much DON'T tip. As well as most of the American mega wealthy

11. Petal

I ALWAYS tip whether it's my hairdresser, taxi driver, restaurant....always, got that habit from my mum :) And I'm from Ireland lol

12. jonsmith

You're the exception, lad.

13. jonsmith

or las.

14. DrownedFishOnFire

Ditto. I always tip being raised by mom who worked as waitress 3 different jobs to put food on the table. Always 20% of bill at least. They always have to tip out to busboys etc.

15. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm sorry you got such a crummy tip. Some people are just not very polite and/or generous. Makes it harder for those who depend on the tips they get to earn a decent wage!

I hope today has been a better day for you. You do have lots of people here who are with you in spirit. Wishing you a happy Christmas and a lovely start to the next year! :hug:

16. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You aren't invisible here.

17. jonsmith

thank you folks. hope all of you are coping the best you can

18. DrownedFishOnFire

Doing better yourself?

19. jonsmith

actually, no.developing bad cold. will have to take a few days off. no one wants a sneezing limo driver......

also got an upsetting text christmas eve. 10 years ago i had a very brief but quite passionate fling with a woman whom i never got over. for an entire decade i schemed and dreamed to get her back..with no luck. through time she has always been polite to me but never interested. she texted me two words. "merry christmas"

nothing more. i know her. it was not a fore into wanting to see me, believe me. about a year ago she hired me to pick up her car in another city. when it was completed, of course i would not accept her money. hence she always treats me with respect but there is no interest from her.

i texted her back and tried to engage a little but she quelled it with a polite sign off. 10 years and i still day dream about her. Pathetic

20. DrownedFishOnFire

Sorry about the cold. Meds can help quell some of the symptoms so you can continue to drive?

For the woman, it's hard to love someone that doesn't return it. Have you been dating since her?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.