Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by BandAid, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BandAid

BandAid Member

Hello everyone,

First let me apologize for being so rude as I began posting without properly introducing myself. My name is Steve and I found this site an attempt to help others with their suicidal thoughts/ideations/attempts, etc. Plus, it would be good therapy for me, as I attempted suicide earlier this month. I am a medic in the Army, well for at least another 90 days, as the Army says I'm not fit for duty due to PTSD. Although I believe I'm functional, that's a whole other story. I hope that I can assist and maybe provide some insight on what I have been through over the last couple years. I found my suicide attempt to be more of an awakening event and somewhat positive because I now have the ability to share. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm sure with the help here and from my treatment crew, I will be soon enough. Nice to meet all of you, officially.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Steve, and welcome...I think you have expressed exactly the mission here, to provide support to ourselves and others...we are experiencing a significant increase in people from the Armed Services join our site, so your insights will be very valuable...thank you for your service and for joining us...welcome again

3. BandAid

BandAid Member

Thank you for your kind welcome. Although denied, there is a huge stigma and view towards PTSD/suicide, etc. in the military. Sometimes, service members just need a little advice with a bit of anonymity,as that could be the difference. But more importantly, I see your location is Brooklyn, have you been holding up ok through Sandy?

4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hi Steve.. Warm welcome to you.. Glad you are safe now and hope the military can provide you with some real help.. You kind of got the purpose of this site..we in this all together and try to help each other..hope we can also help you some..

Glad to have you with us..Jiim

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi STeve nice to meet you welcome to SF

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum :hug: :)

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

A very warm welcome to you Steve :)

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi Steve, welcome to the site!! Thank you so much for reaching out to help others, and I hope you'll find friendship and support for yourself here too.

*shudders at the very mention of Sandy* I'm glad she's gone! :)

9. Moat

Moat Banned Member

No worries about posting before you even introduced yourself - I have been on SF for nearly five years now and do not think I have even introduced myself at all! Greetings to the site and we are always happy to have new members who are willing and able to help out when things get tough for everyone here, including yourself, so sit back and enjoy this little corner of the Digital World, where life's troubles always seem to melt away!
    Have some :Bubbles:
    (She is guaranteed to always put a smile on your face!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.