Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ValentineBabe, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValentineBabe

ValentineBabe Active Member

Hello, I am new to this site and messaging of this sort but glad I discovered sf. Tried chatting with hotline but extremely difficult, don't feel comfortable speaking on the phone...I was giving up. Couple of years ago diagnosed w major depression and PTSD went thru counseling some good some not so good experiences. Just struggling, feel so unbelievably worthless and unlovable...don't know how I became this person feel like everyone (or most) hate me. Have major social anxiety comes and goes at the moment it is visiting....can't even go to my bf's daughters graduation so depressing. I miss many of his family events and gatherings, they are unaware of my depression and anxiety so I figure they certainly hate me and likely tell my bf he should kick me to the curb.

We'll I am rambling there's just way too much baggage and my fingers are getting tired lol. Anyhoo, I am learning my way around this site and look forward to getting acquainted with others and hopefully help in any small way, if possible. I appreciate any advice, direction, encouragement, words of wisdom, etc.... offered and I will do my best likewise. Peace ~~

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi ValentineBabe sorry your depression is hitting you so hard right now and hope you have talked to your gp to get some help This place is a safe place to just vent chat as people do understand depression and how it can take over welcome to SF

3. ValentineBabe

Thank you for the warm welcome, it matters :thank_you::

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. :hug:

5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Welcome VB - SF is a wonderful site for mutual encouragement and support where we can pick up insights that will help us face what we're faced with. Everything is redeemable, we just need the motivation to believe this and know that we can start afresh each day, working out how to make our minds into our best friends :)

6. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

Welcome ValentineBabe!

Sometimes I feel nobody likes me or cares about me. But deep inside I know it is not true. We should not expect the worst from people. There are many people that simply love us for no reason. Love is not always easy to explain or to understand.
    I am sure there are people in your life, even if not from your close social circles, that really cares for you and would sympathise with your situation.
    I am glad you are here now and I am confident that you will be very useful in this community. :)

7. ValentineBabe

Thank you everyone, I can see how helpful this site can be already. You have lifted my spirits with just a few words, just knowing someone else is out there, can relate and is willing to take the time to make a few exchanges is so worth it. There is no one in my life that I feel comfortable sharing my pain and darkness with so again, thank you. Blessings to all of you I hope to return the favor :)

8. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

Just passing by to see how you are doing.

Are you feeling better today? Did you have any improvement?
    Take care :)

9. ValentineBabe

Aww thanks but today has not been so great, just have so much feel so overwhelmed, extreme anxiety sometimes feel like I'm having a heart attack. However you have shed some light on my darkness.........makes a difference, so thank you very much.
    Hope you are doing well. How was your day?

10. arturvma

arturvma Active Member

My day started a full of melancholy, because I dreamed about my ex. We were both humans turned into dogs running away from a real angry dog. But I was protecting him from it.

I went to the suburbs, as usual, to the volunteer project I participate. The children always make me forget about my problems.
    Then I had lunch with a friend (which is pregnant). We talked a little about future.
    I think I am getting better. I didn't have any really bad feeling today. I think maybe I am taking control of my life again. Just maybe :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.