Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by 0-DayDreamer-0, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0-DayDreamer-0

0-DayDreamer-0 New Member

Hey everyone.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit terrified to be here, haha... I'm 16, and I go by the name 'Isra' online. I guess I'll just say, I've had depression (not exactly diagnosed by any professionals, but...) for about 5 and a half years now. I have severe anxiety with just about everything I do. Needless to say, suicidal thoughts have paired with my depression for about a year now, and things just keep getting worse the more I try to deal with them myself. So I'm in the process of trying to decide who to talk to, if I'm going to try and overcome my fear of therapy, and stop myself from doing anything reckless anytime soon. Hopefully I can try to get some ideas for help around this site. I'd like to try and be happy again, somehow.

Be seeing all of you around, I guess.
    -Isra​

2. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

Welcome here, glad you found this site.
    There are a lot of people who can offer you support and some who can tell you what helped them.
    I did a lot of reading here and it has helped me. the chat room is really nice too.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Isra nice to be you The place to start for help is your doctor ok he or she can set you up with some therapy or get you on some medication for anxiety and depression your choice but it is good you are reaching out now before it gets even worse

4. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

5. 0-DayDreamer-0

0-DayDreamer-0 New Member

Thank you for the welcomes everyone,
    Hopefully I'll settle in soon. ​

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:shake: Hello Isra, it's lovely to meet you. Sometimes I get crippling anxiety too so I do understand. Hope to see more of you around the forum. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.