Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by rd9671, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

Just thought I could help myself while trying to help others.
    I guess I will explain a bit about myself first.
    I feel depressed and suicidal much of the time, i engage in self harm behaviors when I feel frustrated, angry, anxious or afraid.
    I actually came across this site while searching for a Pro-Suicide site. I have lingered awhile to see how things were on this site and I found that it seemed to be encouraging.
    I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, as well as post traumatic stress disorder. These diagnoses have come within the last 3 months, however this has been an ongoing problem for me for upwards of 27 years now.
    I guess I don't really know what else to say here but hello and I hope to have meaningful contacts here.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. Thank you for taking a moment out of your time to tell us a little about yourself. You will encounter many people that have some of the same issues they are dealing with as you do. We are a site that does their best to offer you support and maybe build new friendships. I am looking forward to meeting you and seeing you more around the forums. Take care. :hug:

3. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

I guess I should add that I am in a better place now than I was when I first came across this site. I am glad that I continued to lurk in the shadows, as it is due to the lurking that I actually came to find any hope.
    I didn't want to register/post until I could at least add something positive. when I first came all I could do was think negatively.

4. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, but sometimes you need help before you can help others :hug: I hope everything goes well for you here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.