1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by rd9671, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

Just thought I could help myself while trying to help others.
    I guess I will explain a bit about myself first.
    I feel depressed and suicidal much of the time, i engage in self harm behaviors when I feel frustrated, angry, anxious or afraid.
    I actually came across this site while searching for a Pro-Suicide site. I have lingered awhile to see how things were on this site and I found that it seemed to be encouraging.
    I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, as well as post traumatic stress disorder. These diagnoses have come within the last 3 months, however this has been an ongoing problem for me for upwards of 27 years now.
    I guess I don't really know what else to say here but hello and I hope to have meaningful contacts here.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. Thank you for taking a moment out of your time to tell us a little about yourself. You will encounter many people that have some of the same issues they are dealing with as you do. We are a site that does their best to offer you support and maybe build new friendships. I am looking forward to meeting you and seeing you more around the forums. Take care. :hug:

3. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

I guess I should add that I am in a better place now than I was when I first came across this site. I am glad that I continued to lurk in the shadows, as it is due to the lurking that I actually came to find any hope.
    I didn't want to register/post until I could at least add something positive. when I first came all I could do was think negatively.

4. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, but sometimes you need help before you can help others :hug: I hope everything goes well for you here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.