Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by singularity, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singularity

singularity Member

Hi, I'm singularity. I'm a 20 year old university student from Australia. I study chemistry, biology, philosophy and psychology. I've suffered from depression since I was about 15. I used to cut myself, but I stopped that a long time ago. I've been prescribed antidepressants (sertraline and venlafaxine), but their effect has been varied. There are tonnes of things that bother me, but at the present my biggest problem is that I'm basically socially isolated. I just feel like I'm sub-human for being so isolated. I don't know if it's because I'm depressed or if it's because I'm just different, but it's very rare for me to meet somebody that I enjoy being around. I've only found four such people and now they either hate me or are un-contactable. I recently met somebody that I really liked, but I've just found out that she's moving to America soon...so that puts me back at square 1. There's so much more to say, but maybe it's too much for an introduction. Basically, I feel absolutely awful. I had to skip some of my lectures today because I was thinking about certain things which seriously upset me. So I caught a train to some deserted place and just cried. I just feel like swallowing whatever pill I can find with a bottle of gin. I don't know what to do. That's the present and past 5 years in a nutshell.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

welcome to SF......sounds like you need to get back to your GP and have your meds changed or adjusted.....please don't hurt yourself....and I hope you'll keep posting and let us try and support you through this..

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:welcome: :hugtackles::hugtackles:

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI i hope you continue to reach out here make friends i know the pain seems overpowering at times but it does lessen. Welcome to a great site to people who care . Keep posting okay so others can help

5. moko

moko Active Member

Hi and welcome.
    I'm also a Uni student and I can relate to the isolation felt in Uni. I'm also currently dealing with social alienation issues at the present. Feel free to MP me if you feel like you need to talk!

6. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF~
    I hope you fan find a bit of comfort here... as well as some friends to talk to.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. :hug:

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

:welcome::shake:

9. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Welcome to SF :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.