Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jacey, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacey

Jacey Member

I suppose I came on here to find answers. At least make the days easier to handle. I am 16 and I have been depressed for about 4-5 years. My family does not notice. They just think it is my personality to be this way. I do no care for them too much. They do not care for me either. Come from a poor family. Parents grew up in a Central American country. I grew up in America. Imagine having a lingual and cultural barrier with your parents. With all of your family.

Usually, I deal with my emotions by bottling them up and try to feel nothing or feel what I like to call "surface emotions." Nothing too deep or real.

Lately, my depression is originating from the fact that I find no reason to life. No meaning. Why do we exist? What are we doing here? And, above all, why does it matter? It does not matter.

Philosophy sucks.

Still on the outside, most would not notice. I am an A student. I have been given the role of indispensable assistant. The world turns upside down when I am not there due to yet, more responsibilities. This has been proven to me time and time again.

But hey, life rolls on right. With or without you. With or without all of us.

And do not worry. I plan to seek help once I get to college. Once I break these chains from my parents. I just hope I get there. 2 more years.

Anywho, thanks for reading if you made it this far.

Hope you have a good day. : ]

2. Alcor1

Alcor1 Member

Not sure what to say, but
    hi`

I think I know why we exist, but it isn't very helpful.
    Observing the Universe seems to be it.
    Hope you feel better.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...many of us feel like an outsider for varying reasons, but to be estranged from your family in that way must be very saddening...I also live in that duality...successful professional who is struggling so much inside...it is so hard to not be 'seen' throughout the day...please know there are many ppl here who can relate to this...thank you for sharing and please tell us more so that we know how to support you...welcome again, J

4. StarryNightSky

StarryNightSky Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to sf. Hope you find what you're looking for.

5. DeepEmz

DeepEmz Well-Known Member

Hello,

Welcome to SF. There are lots of people here for you to talk to.

xx

6. Darkness Inside

Darkness Inside Account Closed

Hey... welcome to the forum.

7. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

:i'm sorry:

:sad:

I know what you are feeling.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums..