Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ColdEye, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdEye

ColdEye Member

Hello everyone. I went to this site to read up on some possibly helpful and cheerful stories on how to get through thoughts of suicide. I am in a very bad state now, my world is crumbling, and the only person I have ever loved for almost 6 years has left me with out so much as an explanation. I have no support group whatsoever, my family is close to useless in regards to talking about feelings, and I do not believe in professional help. I have started to give away my things now. I really love photography, but as of this coming Friday I have arranged to give all my gear to random people in a forum I frequently visit. I thought that art would be "therapeutic" for me, but it did not work. I have been in pain for 8months or so, and every night i cry uncontrollably. I am constantly hurting myself, and I have prepared an "exit bag" for myself. It is very painful to live, and my life has been a testament to that. I wish all of you a good day, and always love and smile at your loved ones. Thank you.
  2. Millay

Millay New Member

I'm sorry you're going through so much right now.

Maybe exercise will help? You could take a walk every day, or jog, or run. It's supposed to release serotonin into your bloodstream or something like that, and make you feel better.

I know what it's like to want to hurt myself to feel better. I feel like I have to, or I'll go crazy. You could try putting ice on your arm, It'll hurt a little and numb it, but it won't injure you, so it's safer.

When I feel depressed, I sometimes read. It helps me sort of forget everything. :hugtackles:

You could also try listening to upbeat music, or something calming. Treat yourself to something every day, and try doing something different. You could get a massage, or something like that. Compliment yourself on the little things, like doing the laundry.

You're not alone, and I know that sometimes it feels like things will never get better. But I hope you don't take your "exit bag," because it isn't worth it. Sometimes it feels like living is too much of struggle, and it would be easier to give up. But I hope you can gather the strength to go on. I don't know who you are, or anything about you, but I hope you find help somewhere, and I hope you feel better soon.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through such a tough time right now. You have come to the right place if you want to feel better. This site is definitely great for improving my mood. :smile: I don't think you should give away your things, you might get inspired and want to create some more. Don't give up on your photography it it makes you happy. You can always take up a new hobby and maybe that will help. Please just don't do anything and keep posting because we are here to help. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.