Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Miss Misery, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Misery

Miss Misery Active Member

A friend told me about this forum and I decided to join.
    I've been struggling with self harm since I was 11. I am 16 now. The past month or two have been worse than ever. I've never cut so deep and so often. Lately I've been thinking about suicide too. I thought maybe talking to other people like me will help.

Please forgive me my future grammar mistakes. English is not my first language.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You do not have to worry about grammar here hun. I am sorry you are harming yourself Is there noone you can reach out hun a teacher a social worker at your school Your doctor even hun to get the help you deserve to heal. It is good you are reaching out here people care here hun and understand hugs to you
  3. Miss Misery

I've tried to get help. There was a psychologist in my school when I was about 14. She helped me. I didn't cut for almost a year. She no longer works there. In March I went to a some kind of crisis help centre. It seemed to me that only very suicidal people are welcomed there and I felt like when the psychologist found out that I wasn't planning to kill myself he kind of gave up on me.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You need to go back and tell psychologist that you need help hun and don't let them give up on you okay. You can talk to social worker at your school a teacher but you need to get back into some support for you. You are having suicidal thoughts you tell the school this and they will reinstate help okay h ugs
  5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Miss Misery warm welcome to you..your English is better than mime so do not worry about that please. I agree with total eclipse, if the self harming and suicidal thoughts are overwhelming you then reach back to the crisis center and tell them you really need some help now.

You might get some help by looking at the self harm forum further down the pages..look around some here. Lots of posts an ongoing conversations in thr forums.. Hope to hear from you some more. Take care Jim
  6. Miss Misery

Thank you Jim and Total Eclipse for being so nice and welcoming. :)
  7. Thomas33

Thomas33 Member

Hello Miss Misery :) you will find that the people on here are great to talk to. i have only been here a day because it got to the point wjere negative thoughts consumed my daily thoughts. no one at home understood just how bad it was. just take some time and look at other posts by people in so many different situations but we are all here for 1 reason.
    We can see that you have taken the right steps to help yourself but you have to remember that even phsycologists and counselors can sometimes be blind to the pain we feel. its then our job to get that little bit more extra strength, grab tge dr by the collar and make them see just how bad things are.
    this does sound like an angry post but im hoping what i say makes sense.
    :) :) :) :) :)
  8. Miss Misery

It does. I feel the same way. No one at home understands me. I ran away last night but I had to come back because I needed my medicine.
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Miss Misery, welcome to SF. You don't need to worry about your grammar. For someone who speaks English as a second language, you speak it very well! I'm glad that you are here with us, and hope that you will be able to get the help you're looking for here.
  10. Miss Misery

Thank you, Witty Sarcasm.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.