grieve someone you never knew?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by darkrider, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

There was someone who died last year, well she committed suicide they think. I never knew her, I had never met her, but I still feel grief about it really bad to this day. From what i've pieced together about her she had all the same depressive symptoms as me, and was lonely. She was the same age as me. I still feel really bad about her though i'd never met her. I wish I could have, so I could have said something. :blub:

2. Fern17

Fern17 Well-Known Member

Why don't you write her a letter?

I've written many letters in my life to people dead and alive--which I never gave to them, nor even intended to. It's sometimes nice to just get your thoughts out on paper...

Peace,
    Fern

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

You can grieve someone you never known, yourself being an example.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Maybe you were crying for yourself :hug:

5. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

maybe the things that you could have said to her if you had the chance to, you could say to yourself if you saw yourself in her. the grief you feel for her may be a chance to help yourself

6. Synesthetic Soul

Synesthetic Soul Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. :hug:

It hurts a lot. There was a kid who shot up some kids in a school where I live. He then killed himself. It made me so sad. I wished I could have met him. Forced myself to be friends with him. Be the support he never had.

So yes, I have. :sad:

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

One thing about being a member of a suicide forum, even though it is a support forum, is that a few people are going to commit suicide at some point. It's just inevitable. The one 'suicide' that really got to me was Lilichipie. Many people still believe that it was all just a scam, but I received emails from her brother, and they were clearly written by a different person, so I assume they were genuine. I guess I'll never know for sure. You have to be able to deal with death and not let it get to you to help out here.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

This will probably sound crazy to you. I agree with fern to write a letter to her, but with my Native American beleifs you should burn the letter and watch the smoke rise, the letter will then find her where ever she is. No i'm not crazy it is just how I grew up...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.