• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Grieving the death of my friend

My friend committed suicide today. I don't know what to do and where to seek for support. She was only 20 years old. I feel guilty. I didn't love and care for her enough. She has decided to leave us.

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi there,I am sorry for your loss. Do you feel you could benefit from grievance counseling? You may have lost a dear friend but think of how she would like you to be/feel/act. You can get through this, I am glad you posted here and hope it proves helpful. Get help! x

EmB

Hi Hurtinggg, and welcome to SF.

I 'm finding it hard to think of what to say... I'm devastated to hear that. Losing someone in such a way is unimaginable.

Suicide is not your fault. Suicide is no one's fault. If I did kill myself, I wouldn't want my family or friends blaming themselves because it's just not true. Sometimes, no amount of love can save someone, the pain is just too much. It's natural to blame ourselves when something like this happens, but if there's one thing I swear to you now, she did not kill herself because you didn't love her enough. It's much more complicated than that. I would say that when you suffer from suicidal thoughts, often even just knowing that a friend is there means a lot. You should NOT feel guilty, and I can not emphasize that enough.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you. I would second @Petal and suggest getting some sort of grievance counselling. We are here to listen to you - if you want to talk some more, feel free to message any of us, join the chat, post a thread, anything.

Sending so many hugs

Em

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$480.00
Goal
$255.00