Group Home?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ferdinan, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferdinan

ferdinan Member

hello, Im a disabled man who is looking for a group home. I cant work because of a problem with my legs, the depression, and ADHD, so I spend most of my time sitting at home. It sucks, I hate it, but I cant do much with the condition of my legs. I have been searching for group homes, but cant find any. I have asked the people at the hospital and have gotten nowhere. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?

thanks

2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

When you say group homes are you talking about renting a room in a shared house?

3. ferdinan

ferdinan Member

I mean a place that I can live that is shared by others with similiar disablities. Kind of like an assisted living environment. I am not too sure what exactly the group home would consist of, but somewhere that I can live with people who are struggling with living on there own.

4. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

If it's assisted living, presumably with some local support in mind I'd consult your local council and see what's available. Have you considered living with able-bodied people? I'm currently renting in a shared house with 4 other people and I have CP so I know at least part of where you're coming from.

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you'll get better responses if you post where you live, usa, canada, england, etc. the situation is different everywhere.

6. ferdinan

ferdinan Member

I live in the USA.

7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

try your local 211 service (http://www.211.org/) or the united way. they would be good agencies to start with.

8. ferdinan

ferdinan Member

I just wish that there was someplace I could go and live. I live with my parents and Im alone most of the time. I hate being alone. I enjoy being at the crisis center but I can only stay there for a week or two before Im discharged. It is just really lonely when you cant work and have to stay home all day. I would even stay at a place with mentally handicapped people, because I just dont want to be alone. Even a place for the elderly, such as a rest home. Too bad they wont admit me because Im so young.

9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

call 211 there are plenty of agencies who can help you. how old are you?

10. ferdinan

ferdinan Member

im 28 years old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.