grow up

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Fluffypingu, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Fluffypingu

Fluffypingu Safety and Support Chat Pro SF Supporter

ok just recently ive noticed a few threads thst ppl have maniged to turn into arguments i think we all need to take a step bac and think about what we say or type on the site not getting at anyone in perticular just something that ive seen that have been said is not very nice and quite frankly disresectfull 1 towards other members and 2 towards the staff and site now can we all grow a pair and grow up please it just getting fucking stupid now this is a pro life support site not a boxing ring sorry it needed to be said and hate me all you want but we really know the truth and that is that this is whats it is becomming stop fighting on this site if u wana fight argue or just be a total arse and troll then go on facebook or msn and do it please dont do it here

2. Lone_walker

Lone_walker Well-Known Member

Well said Aimee, well said :)

3. Dubstepper

Dubstepper Staff Alumni

nice aimee.. hopefully this is something we all recognize, and if we are doing it ourselves, we should step back and reexamine why we are here, it seems..

we should be here for friendships and support.. we're all in the same boat together. we're not here to belittle eachother, regardless of anything that may differenciate us, we all joined here for the same reasons.

4. The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven Well-Known Member

good one aimee, youre absolutely right! :hug:

5. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

finally someones said it well done aimee and thanks

6. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Guess your right. But I would just stop it not take it out on to Facebook and MSN as that could make things worst. Take care.

7. Fluffypingu

well i dont care where or what they do JUST DONT DO IT ON HERE ppl just make me so angry i know i myself i will put my hands up i have done it and yes i hqve relized it and i am not going to do it anymore but honestly people we should think ourselfs lucky we got a site which is FREE may i add so start acting like adults and drop the old school shit

8. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Thanks, but in the same breath no-one is forcing you to read anything. If theres something thats disrespectful report it, if theres someone you dont like put them on ignore. So you want people not to speak their minds and follow a pre-prescribed doctrine of fluff and bullshit at the risk of offending anyone? Yeah your right its a pro life site, not a wrap-everyone-in-cotton-wool forum. If people actually wanna help themselves then reading continuous posts enabling people to remain in their own depression is not conducive to anyone.

9. Fluffypingu

no they mihgt not be but i noticed it iosnt just in the fourms its in chat also but i am and others are finding it very annoying it just isnt right and sooner people start treating eac other with respect the sooner they will find themselfs freinds

10. Kaos General

Im banned from chat so no idea what goes on in their so cant comment or possibly speculate. If someone is annoying you that much like i said in a earlier post why not just put them on ignore?

11. Fluffypingu

this isnt about just people this is about getting the point accross that some people are acting like idiots and trying to overtake the support out of this fourm and trying to turn it into a boxiong ring end off

12. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

It's not about one person its about everyone respecting each other. We come here for support or for somewhere we can actually say whats on our minds, what aimee is saying is we need to think before we bite someone elses head off for something and then get in a heated argument about it. This may be the internet but they are real people on the other end and we don't need possibly the only sanctuary we have to turn into a hostile environment and so just adding to the already endless list of problems.

13. Kaos General

Fait enough but thats gonna happen in any forum you goto. Its not exclusive to just SF. Not everyone will get on one another

Yeah it is a support forum but when you have members that lie and play games with people are we supposed to sit their and let that happen? Sure it might get heated but once again its a forum no-one is forcing people to read anything

14. Fluffypingu

not saying that they will but its the case of theres no need to start fights 1 on the fourms and 2 in chat it isnt right and why dont u just do it in pm where no1 can see it but the recipiant
    then mods have a much easer job

15. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Well, lets stay quiet now, otherwise the point of this thread is lost.
    Peace all.

16. Fluffypingu

yeah i know pete same thing happens i am getting it sorted

17. Kaos General

What you percieve as fights i percieve as getting my point across. You might of noticed but quite a lot of people have their PM's disabled so that is not an option.

And getting what sorted?

18. Fluffypingu

well they obviously dont wana ,mess with people then hence why they use that feture but it seems to be certain people just like to turn things into arguments

19. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There are always going to be people that try to find fault with things. These type of people thrive on controversary. Do not feed into it. If the controversary dies away, the person looking for it gets bored and goes to find somewhere they can get a reaction. I agree that it would be nice if we all had a level of respect for one another. Many issues and problems could and would be solved, or maybe even never started, if that were the case. No, we can't wrap the world in cotton blankets, but does that mean we have to treat people poorly because their opinion may not be shared by someone. Or because someone finds fault with them? Personally, I like the quote from the movie Bambi, where Thumper says, "My mom says 'If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all' ".

20. Kaos General

When you get 2 opposing views then arguments will occur. So im guessing we should delete the Soap Box because thats full of arguments then?