growing out of self harm?...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by justmeonlyme, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

ok so ive been self harming for about 4 years now... but lately im not sure whats happening its like... idk its like im so down i dont even want to self harm coz i no that it want help... yet i still seem to do it from time to time idk its like I've grown out of self harm now i take things out on myself in other ways i isolate, i let my grades drop knowing that there will be large consequences and things like that... idk a confusing thing for me... im not really sure how to explain it but like i feel like i no this is gana sound really dumb or whatever but i feel like im growing out of the self harm... idk ...

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I think everybody may get to the point that they grow out of it. Its like you said...realizing its not helping at all so you move on to something different. Its what I did. I haven't actually SH in many months...not because I "got better" but because I felt I needed to do something else...So I know exactly where you're coming from.

Maybe you are actually telling yourself that SH is doing you no good and so you need to stop it. Now as for the isolation and bad grades. do you think it may be that you aren't doing those on purpose and you just want to tell yourself that you are? I mean those are 2 things that do result from depression but rarely happen on purpose.

3. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

you no to be totally honest i have lost all sight of whats me actively doing things and whats i cant even think of the word... just like whats happening because of means that i have lost control of... idk if that make much sense sorry ive not been so good with my words lately... i just idk its like im living inside my head watching life go by... self harm used to help pull me out of this but no even that helps anymore... :sigh:

4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Its okay that you are having difficulty finding the right words. Since you're not sure if you are isolating yourself on purpose or getting the grades on purpose maybe you could stop and try and think of what you want. Like if you want to keep yourself isolated or if you want your grades to be bad. If you want good grades then odds are you're not getting bad ones on purpose. Same goes for isolating yourself. If its not what you actually want then its just a side effect of the depression more than likely.

I haven't been very well coming up with the right words for anything myself lately so i'm sorry if I'm not actually much help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.