Grrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Petal, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

What do you do when you lie down to sleep and as soon as you close your eyes all you can think about it bad events from your past and it seems like nothing will take them away? I've been having this problem for quite a while now and can't seem to make the thoughts stop or even ease :(

Please help.

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Lynn, doesn't always work but sometimes I try and turn my thoughts to a favourite place of mine. It's somewhere I have always associated with good times. If I really focus on it I sometimes manage to almost drift off there in my mind. It's a really tranquil place and helps to calm the troubled waters. As I sat it doesn't always work but sometimes it does. I know what a pain it is when your head just seems to be going round and round. Hope you find someway that will help. Simon.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

When my thoughts don't stop, I write them on paper, tear it up, put it in my toy dump truck, and vroom it to the trash. I don't know why, but it ends the cycle. When the thoughts start building up again, write again. After awhile of doing this, I didn't have it as much.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you! :hug:

5. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I could say 'smoke a cigarette' (lol).

I expect chucking in the smoking might have something to do with thoughts in overdrive?

6. shefallsasleep

shefallsasleep Well-Known Member

Try not to get frustrated coz I find that always makes it worse! I'd say lie in bed with your light off and just have the tv on quitely, I tend to fall asleep listening to the programme rather than thinking of anything else, which I do if it is silent xx

7. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. This sounds really cliche and annoying, but trying to focus on good memories is what I try to do. The bad things always try and push their way back to the surface, but you just have to try and force them back. I'm sorry I couldn't actually give you anything useful :[ good luck :hug:

8. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I have this problem in a bad way. It is the worst when I'm drifting off to sleep or just waking up...I get flooded with a lot of repressed emotions and thoughts. Sometimes I wake up gasping. :/

9. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

If you ever figure this one out, let me know too please! I know the feeling all too well. Usually there isn't anything I can do but try to do something that makes me even more exhausted. I think the thing that helped most (a while back) was going to the gym just before going to sleep. Seemed weird at the time, and I'm sure it won't work for everyone and its a pain in the ass, but maybe worth a try..

As I can't really go to bed before 12 at night, I usually went to exercise around 10'ish, which meant I climbed into bed at around 12 after a warm shower and feeling pretty good. Didn't always work though, but its the only thing I can think of that worked.

10. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

:hug: if u find a useful way let me n, coz sleepless nights are wearing me out :(

11. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Drink some sort of alcohol before sleep, may help. Try to have some background noises. Strange but it can helps alot! like tv, music, fan, computer, boo erm wait..!

12. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I wrote this 6 days ago and this has gotten much worse since then. My waking hours are bad, but the feelings that rush in when I'm half-asleep are unbearable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.