Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by bluewail, Jun 26, 2008.

1. bluewail

bluewail Well-Known Member

i don't want to leave the site and say i'll never come back, cos i've made some lovely friends here and i generally really like being able to talk to other people in the same boat as me...

but recently, i've felt that the non-judgmental attitude of the site is failing. people have been very unkind to me and people i care about, there have been malicious rumours, lies, and lots of taking sides and a general lack of people listening and trying to understand each other. this has made me really angry at times, but most of all, its just made me really sad.

i'm sad that people who i thought were my friends, who i thought were here to listen and support me, have instead just twisted my words to fit their own agendas and basically treated me quite badly.

just makes me wonder what we're all here for if some people can't find it within themselves to bite their tongues, to listen, and most of all, to understand each other. this is not the playground. silly bickering is not any help to anyone, and given the nature of the people who use this site, may do more harm than anyone can realise.

rant over. for now.

(btw, if you think i'm talking about you, then sure you can ask me, but only if you're prepared for me to say yes. i don't want to offend anyone, but the truth often hurts. ask yourself if you're willing to hear it before you ask me to tell you)
  2. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

There's no place for negative energy. You can always turn it into something positive. There will always be people who may judge you. The key is to let it happen knowing that the way you feel about yourself is more important than what others think. From there, if you spread the joy when you're feeling good, people will join you. But if you take negativity from others and highlight it, it's only going to lead to disaster.
  3. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Louuuu-eeeee-zaaaa :hug: .

People talk shit behind one's back by nature, and then sometimes there's paranoia. Don't take it too hard.
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Don't let it get to you. There always will be people like that both on the internet and outsdide it in the real world. Don't let this put you off from coming on this site. One positive is that there also will always been kinder and more genuine people around also.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am so sorry you have come across people being judemental on this site. That upsets me to hear because I usually think that one of the things I enjoy most about coming here is the non-judgemental attitude. Don't let a couple people's immaturity drive you away. The majority of us here I think try to respond without judgement, and realize we are all going through difficult times.

PM me if you ever want to talk, this is my first post of yours I read but I hope to see you around more :hug:
  6. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i'm sorry to hear you've had to come across all that. i agree that would suck to have to put up with, but please understand there are more kinder and gentler people here at the forum. as much as we would like this to be the most supportive sight i am afraid it can't all be like that. please say something to confront them and stand up for yourself. don't feel you've got to take that stouf cause you don't. i hope to continue to see you around. please take care and stay safe.
  7. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

BLUE!!!! You my girl blue!

I promise I won't say your face infinity anymore!

it seems there has been a lot going on recently . . . . these things come in waves . . . I hope you do stay. Chat was always much better with you in it.

I'm HUGELY judgmental, so if it was me I'm sorry. I do these things without even realizing what I'm doing.
  8. Testify

Testify Well-Known Member

People say things about others because it's easier to mock others than to mock yourself.
    Having said that, give me some names.
    I'll take care of things for you -_-
  9. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Louisaaa. :hug: Don't you be going anywhere. :nono::mad: Don't let people drive you away.
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are having difficulty with some of the goings on here. You mention that given the type of site this is, things can do more harm than good and you are right. But also given the nature of the types of illnesses we find with the diversity of people here, things are bound to be taken out of context, be blown out of proportion, become more dramatic than it actually is etc. Our minds sometimes take us in places we don't realize. I would ask that you not judge those people for their feelings either. I wish we could exist in a place where no hurt was ever realized, but we don't.
  11. Lady Byron

Lady Byron Well-Known Member

oh Blue! I really liked talking to you in chat! don't know if you remember me at all, but i definitely remember you :)poke:). i hope you decide not to leave but since this post is kind of old. . . PM me anytime. and I hope you really do, cause you seemed like an awesome person :laugh:.