Guess the film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Ok Mal gave me the idea for this.

you put a line from a film and someone has to guess the film.

I'll start with:

"It will come to you, this love of the land. There's no gettin' away from it if you're Irish"

~Nobody~

Gone With The Wind! :-D

Am I right?

How about this:

"Don't do that Miss Blennerhassit. I'm warning you Miss Blennerhassit, if you do you're fired. We are multi-millionares! We'll buy this place and fire you immediately... <snip>... We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires!!"

:biggrin:

~Nobody~

Wooo! :biggrin:

So, I repeat,

"Don't do that Miss Blennerhassit. I'm warning you Miss Blennerhassit, if you do you're fired. We are multi-millionares! We'll buy this place and fire you immediately... <snip>... We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires!!"

Anyone cultured enough to get it? :tongue: :wink:

~Nobody~

Wooo go Porcelain! (If you used Google you are a cheat, may I say, a cheat! :tongue:).

"we want cake!.... and the finest wines available to humanity! and we want them now!!" FANTASTIC film. I cannot stress this enough. Watch it! :biggrin:

So, Porcelain, tis your go to post a quote :smile:.

Porcelain

It was the "Miss Blennerhassit" that gave it away.

Okay....

"The next time we see sky it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the bestest stuff for us. But right now they gotta do what's right for them, 'cause it's their time. Their time, up there. Down here it's our time. It's our time down here."

~Nobody~

Oooh. You actually have me stumped!

And there was me thinking I was a major film buff.

And, erm, very modest *cough* :laugh:.

:smile:

I know :biggrin: The Goonies

"Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Whoa! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks"

Porcelain

"Helen, what did you really think of me, deep in your heart? Was I really the man you wanted to be with? Was I? Or were you disappointed and too nice to show it? I forgive you for Ray. I forgive you. That was a long time ago, and I know I wasn't always the king of kings. I let you down. I'm sorry, Helen. Can you forgive me? Can you forgive me?"

My god, I shall go and hide in a corner with my inferior film knowledge!!! :shy: I don't think I've seen ANY of these so far...
No, that's a lie, I've seen The Goonies. That's it though.

~Nobody~

My god, I shall go and hide in a corner with my inferior film knowledge!!! :shy: I don't think I've seen ANY of these so far...
No, that's a lie, I've seen The Goonies. That's it though.
'Withnail and I' I can forgive you (though if you still haven't in six months I'll be annoyed :tongue:), but Aliens?? You haven't seen Aliens? :ohmy:

And 'Gone With The Wind' is a classic. A cheesy classic, but definitely a classic! It's like a birthright, you have to see it! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00