Guilt trip..??? Please give advice..

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Bambi, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I told a friend that something he did made me feel really unimportant and he accused me of trying to guilt trip him..when did letting your friend know your hurt by their actions become trying to send them on a guilt trip? There is a difference right....I feel crazy as I was just trying to communicate and got it all thrown back in my face apology by the way...I am trying to do the right thing so please someone confirm for me that expressing hurt is not equal to sending someone on a guilt trip...I DID NOT bitch him out for the record..not at all...just laid my feelings out there...
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Just letting somebody know how you feel is not putting a guilt trip on them. You should be able to tell a friend how you feel and if react that way then odds are they aren't a very good friend.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

There is a fine line between telling someone about their shortcomings and laying a guilt trip on them, which is hard to distinguish on their side. If you made him feel guilty, he probably thought you were intending to do so. Did you tell him you weren't trying to make him feel bad?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
  4. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Nope, from what you have said you didnt guilt trip him. I would much rather a friend tell me if i hurt them then go on like nothing happened.
  5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for your perspective you really helped me...knew I could count on my SF family to come through for me with some guys are great.
  6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: always here for you hun
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

agree with Josh bambi.....
  8. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

I agree as well. I also think that those who jump to the "I'm being made to feel guilty" so quickly like that are probably already feeling it because deep down they know they were in the wrong in the first place. :hug:
  9. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I agree you didn't lay a guilt trip on him but his reaction is like most a defence mechanism because he does feel guilty.