guilt tripping posts

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ybt, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ybt

ybt Guest

Posts are moderated here for different reasons, but I'd like to hear your opinion on this one... guilt tripping posts.

When anyone says 'if you kill yourself, you'll be taking me, x, x, x, x' etc, I believe it should be moderated. It's just not right.
  2. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Why? Since this site is unabashedly pro-life you have to assume a resort to emotional or intellectual dirty pool would not be contrary to the site's purpose: keeping those who come here alive.

Besides, how does anyone know that the person saying this doesn't legitimately think this? Anyway, most people in my experience have at least one or two or often more people, others who would be legitimately devestated at their passing, particularly via suicide. If you're contemplating suicide you should have the intellectual honesty to do it with your eyes wide open and be aware that your actions will have consequences, maybe devestating ones, on those who love you.

What's kind of interesting is that in my last post here I did some logic chopping about supporting statements, burden of proof, etc. And I'm fucked if I know how I'd offer a proof of the above that would make sense. Quite possibly at least some suicidal people are surrounded by mealy-mouthed hypocrites that would talk about how much they'd miss someone, but not really give a crap. Quite possibly those who love you would really, truly be better in your absence, but would never say this. Rather nicely hoised on my own petard, even though I think my point stands for most part , just based upon observation of those in my life and of those around me.
  3. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

I had that trick played on me just earlier today

It made me feel like complete and utter crap, and I quite literally cried for hours on end because of what was said. If you don't want me to kill myself then just say that rather than guilt-tripping me into not doing it. Infact, you'll end making the whole situation worse. My wrists can vouch for that, believe me.
  4. If you're on about me posting that, excuse me? But why shouldn't I tell the truth?

If someone does kill themselves, ie; Antony, then I will kill myself, I'm not dealing with another fucking suicide in my life, then my best friend will kill himself, then his girlfriend will either breakdown and fuck her life up or kill herself, then my sister will kill herself, my mum will drink herself to death, then my dad, dunno bout him, but I know it'd be a LONGGG chain, it's just pointless. Hence why I'm still alive.
  5. ybt

ybt Guest

We are not going to keep people alive here based on dirty tricks. As much as this is deemed a "pro life" site, it is also a community.

I do not doubt that people who say this legitimately mean it. Or at least some people. However, people get furious at others who say other things that they legitimately mean, so this doesn't quite work.
  6. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

You have proof of this?

This is a messageboard. 99%+ of the people who come here will never meet another member in person. In my view it hardly qualifies as a "community," and to think of it in those terms can only lead to disappointment.

Sure it does. If you assume life is a good thing under almost any circumstances, telling someone you'll be heartbroken or miss them or whatever if they're gone would count as a positive. And saying other things may or may not count that way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.