Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aki, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I feel so guilty when I eat I just want to die :sad:
  2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:hug: why do you feel guilty? what do you think would happen if you eat?
  3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I just feel fat. I feel it on me, it makes me sick. I feel really weak for giving into temptation. :(
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

that's a horrible feeling. :sad:

i wish i could do something to help but i know the feeling well.

does anything help to make the feelings of guilt, weakness, and the feeling of fat on you go away?
  5. aki

aki Well-Known Member

It is :sad: I want to live away on my own again, cos when I did I had really bad anxiety and couldn't leave my room so I didn't eat. How weird is that, that I would rather be scared and anxious and isloated than have easy access to food :(
    Nothing does really except maybe exercising all day or hardly eating. But I feel too depressed and withdrawn to go out and exercise anymore.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Elizabeth..

Do you feel fat? Or are you actually overweight?

If you are over weight don't feel guilty,we all over indulge at times, and there is help for that.

If you're not overweight ,perhaps you need professional help? :hug:
  7. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm not overweight, I'm a little chubby, but on the bmi thing I came out as a normal weight, so I guess that should be correct? (I dunno :unsure:)

I feel disgusting though. Maybe I should, but they only want to help those who are in the extreme categories of things.:unsure:
  8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i understand that, food has become terrifying for you in your house, and you prefer to live somewhere where you won't access it so easily. i've felt similar in the past.

maybe there are reasons why you feel so guilty because wanting to die is so so extreme and i felt similar when i was very ill with anorexia.

why do you see eating as a weakness? you don't have to talk if you don't want to but if it helps and you feel safe, then it's okay to talk about anything that's making you feel anxious and depressed here. it might make the feeling of guilt ease off a bit.

and asking for help from your MH team- that's perfectly ok. they will listen to what you're presenting to them (which sounds like an eating disorder) and you might get offered some psychological help.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  9. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I dunno I just hate myself for eating :( It's like I don't deserve it. It's weird because overall I like myself..but whenever I eat I just think 'you're disgusting and weak and I hate you.' So it's like everything's coming out this way.

Yeah I might mention it when I next see someone. Thank you.
  10. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Not all of them. Some give professional help to stop you falling into an extreme category. It's much easier to deal with the problem earlier than later.
    This might not help much but every single person in our world needs to eat. You're not disgusting for meeting your body's basic needs. :hug:
  11. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I doubt your fat, hun. And if you...then you should not feel bad about eating. Instead eat healthy foods. You need food for your body. Humans eat to live. And you can't feel guilty about it.

You know I'm here for you. :console:
  12. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I can totally empathize! The thing that helps me is eating healthy. Just eat vegetables fruit, a bit of meat or tofu, and some grains like pasta or rice. Eat naked...that is to say unprocessed food.

Not only do you feel good because your body gets vitamins *yum*, but also your perception of yourself will change, and your food bill will be drastically reduced.

If you're like me and you have to have something sugary, instead of soda eat bits of dark chocolate. It's an anti-oxidant and because it's more bitter than milk chocolate you won't really over-indulge. Or you could just buy lots of fruit. Like oranges, because they're delicious.

Exercise is also a really good thing to do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.