Guilt...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Musiro, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musiro

Musiro Member

Ok, hi! Joined this thing a while ago have been coping ok until nowish. Just came back to uni. My housemates know I cut, it's hard to keep it from 6 people u live with! But I've never had a conversation with them about it. I don't really know how they feel. I know I'm not ready to stop, even though I know they will see the fresh marks, and I don't think they can say anthing that will help really. They don't know what it's like, and I think they are scared of me because of it. I feel guilty, so guilty, for putting this kind of pressure on them, for making them have to live with someone who has this kind of problem when usually they probably would never have to deal with it. Just wondering if anyone is in the same kind of situation, either on my perspective or theirs, with some kind of idea what my housemates might be thinking about what I do? How they might rationalise how I can be fine in front of them and for a while, and then go back down into cutting? I don't know how to deal with *them* having to deal with *me*...

2. allofme

allofme Staff Alumni

for the most part .. i find that many people have issues...some drink..some take pills... others try to be perfect... if it really bothers you... you can always have a dialouge with them....and if you relate your cutting in the trems i listed above... it may help them to understand... at least the motivation or the fact that ppl have to cope with many things and we all cope in different ways.... also.. there is a prase wearing your heart on your sleve... some times ppl who self harm ... wear their pain on their sleve..."so to speak" not so much for attention.. just to feel like there is a balance between the inside and outside....

hugs and support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.