Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by prelon, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prelon

prelon Member

I feel so guilty right now. I've had my dog for 7 years and I'm planning on ending it tonight, I just called the rspca to take him from me today so that I don't have to leave him on the street but they wont pick him up, they said they'd need to put him on a rehousing waiting list so they've left me no choice. I tried to do one last thing right, all I needed was a little bit of help from these people to take him but they wouldn't even do that. Obviously I couldn't tell them why I needed him taken asap. I really thought they would do it I'm shocked that they wont. I have to lock him out of the house and I feel so awful for doing it but I can't lock him in the house with me, that would be 10 times worse. I've had him for years and I love him so much
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

then hold onto your pet and don't leave him. Your dog will be lost without you
    I am sure the connection between you and him is very close if you are hurting then call crisis and get help call the hospital get help so you can still be around to give your dog all the love it needs GET HELP now okay call crisis
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

What's wrong, please keep posting here and reach out for support!
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Prelon, I hope you will reconsider. Why do you want to do this?
  5. 8125

8125 Well-Known Member

i hope you don't choose to go tonight. please don't leave your dog and please don't leave us. if you feel like talking or there's anything we can do...
  6. ballinluig

ballinluig Well-Known Member

prelon, you really love your dog or you wouldnt be thinking how best to look after him right?

My dog was 7 and WE had to put him down only having found out 20mins before that he was riddled with cancer. it broke our hearts. im crying now posting this because we loved him just like he was one of our kids.

you are in a bad place in your head. please phone someone, text someone to help, even if its just the rspca, sspca and say whats wrong. Do you have a mental health worker or a friend who you can call? Dont leave us and your dog, he loves you, we have all bin in the same place in our head as you are otherwise we wouldnt be on this site.

Think of all the happy times with your dog. does he give you a sloppy kiss or puts his paw on you? honestly you would miss your dog and he would miss you so much.
    See, you cant go because who would be such a faithful owner as you!?

keep posting, take care xx
  7. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

This is probably going to come out as a guilt-trip, and I don't mean it to...

...I used to volunteer at an animal shelter. I saw some pretty sad things. I saw abused animals, sick animals, violent name it.

The single most heartbreaking thing I ever saw was a 14-yr old toy poodle whose owner had died. The dog was in pretty bad shape before it came to us. It was old, had cataracts, was deaf, its teeth were rotting. But its owner loved it, and it loved her. So when the owner died, the family couldn't bear to have it put down (which is probably what should have been done), and instead brought it to us.

I don't think that this dog was aware of much, but it was aware of its owner going away. This broke the dog. It wouldn't walk, drink, eat, anything. The volunteers and employees of the shelter started wrapping it in a blanket and carrying it around like a baby, just in hopes of lifting its spirits. But it was too late, the person the dog had known since it was a puppy was gone. Eventually, one of the volunteers took it home with her just so it wouldn't have to die in the shelter.

Now to counter that, I did see lots of good stuff: animals rehabilitated, new puppies and kittens, sick animals that got better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.